What did you do with your free time before games?

What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made? Would
you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter the downward
spiral by drinking regularly?

po wrote:
> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made? Would
> you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter the downward
> spiral by drinking regularly?

Without games I'd probably end up taking part in the good ol' student
pastimes of drinking too much and all that that entails :p

"po" <prbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made? Would
> you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter the downward
> spiral by drinking regularly?

Screw that.

No games? *Hara-kiri*

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

Read. I used to read 100-200 books a year, before getting a gaming
computer.

Parents need to strictly enforce computer time for kids, it is way out of
hand for most kids.

rms

po <prbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made? Would
> you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter the downward
> spiral by drinking regularly?

Probably martial arts or some other meditative/mesmerizing pastime.

po wrote:
> I used to play cards with people. Can't remember the last time I did that.

I actually play Poker a bit (I blame my housemate(s) who play a lot) and
its quite good fun :)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:18:24 -0500, po wrote:
> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made? Would
> you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter the downward
> spiral by drinking regularly?

I drink regularly even with games existing. So I don't understand the
question...

* California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
* http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available *

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

It's not the computers that's the problem. It's the damn console games.
It's all some kids think about.

DaveL

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> Read. I used to read 100-200 books a year, before getting a gaming
> computer.
>
> Parents need to strictly enforce computer time for kids, it is way out of
> hand for most kids.
>
> rms

"po" wrote

> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made? Would
> you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter the downward
> spiral by drinking regularly?
A lot of crazy stuff :)
I have played snooker, pool, handball and soccer
Played the bassguitar in variuos rockbands
Drove 1/10 scale RC offroad racing (I have an B2 buggy from Associate)
Various programming stuff (way too much free overtime work)
Usenet
The kids got HL1 (approx 1½ year ago) and I was stung be a crazy
moddingbee - LOL

- Peter

I prefer not to think of it as a downward spiral - more as an ascention
into a blissfully ignorant state...

Civilian_Target

"Chris Hawley" <chris@blood-god.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote
> I actually play Poker a bit (I blame my housemate(s) who play a lot) and
> its quite good fun :)

I regularly play "poke her". She doesn't always see the funny side, though.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

po wrote:
> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made?
> Would you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter
> the downward spiral by drinking regularly?

I would read more books, see more films, fly more planes (though without games,
I would never have taken up that one). If we're going back to stuff we used to
do, I might even take up pen & paper Dungeons & Dragons again.

--
Paul

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> Read. I used to read 100-200 books a year, before getting a gaming
> computer.
>
> Parents need to strictly enforce computer time for kids, it is way out of
> hand for most kids.
>
> rms

Yeah. That way it will free up more game time for the adults.

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote
> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote
> > Read. I used to read 100-200 books a year, before getting a gaming
> > computer.
> >
> > Parents need to strictly enforce computer time for kids, it is way out
of
> > hand for most kids.
>
> Yeah. That way it will free up more game time for the adults.

LOL. I'm glad my 11 year old would rather play football than play on the PC.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"po" <prbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made? Would
> you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter the downward
> spiral by drinking regularly?

I would play alot more golf..like i used to before mutating into a g33k =)
Funny thing is, when i lived in NY I would play golf 3x a week, then I move
to FL the golf capitol of the world and am able to play year round....I'm
lucky if I get out there once every 3 months =/

"pF. Slik" <mikerr70@yahoo.com> wrote in

> "po" <prbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> What would you do if for some odd reason games were no longer made?
>> Would you go back to softball or model rocketry or would you enter
>> the downward spiral by drinking regularly?
>>

> I would play alot more golf..like i used to before mutating into a
> g33k =) Funny thing is, when i lived in NY I would play golf 3x a
> week, then I move to FL the golf capitol of the world and am able to
> play year round....I'm lucky if I get out there once every 3 months
> =/

Before video games, I just took long walks around my neighborhood in a huge
circle- looking for something to do.