Question What do I need to run the following programs????

Jul 16, 2024
I see a ton of information on gaming, but not as much for home office type stuff. I'll just use my PS4 or PS5 for gaming. However, I've got an older HP Elite 850 for my home office as it's not terrible, just starting to notice some struggling recently. Current specs are I5 4690 3.5Ghz, 8gig DDR3, SSD

I need a unit that can accommodate the following

3x Monitors total
4-5 excel documents open
10-15 Chrome tabs open
1x monitor that streams live video from my surveillance cameras at my business
2-3 PowerPoint documents open
On occasion Adobe AI or PS concurrently with all other tabs I have open
Rarely do I use AutoCad, but I would like the option.

What do I need? I'm don't mind buying a new build or building myself, either way. I've only built 1 in my life and it worked fine but mainly it was all plug and play, I'm by no mean an expert. Do I need to drop the money on a "Gaming" computer or is that unnecessary? All guidance welcome.

Thanks guys,

I see a ton of information on gaming, but not as much for home office type stuff. I'll just use my PS4 or PS5 for gaming. However, I've got an older HP Elite 850 for my home office as it's not terrible, just starting to notice some struggling recently. Current specs are I5 4690 3.5Ghz, 8gig DDR3, SSD

I need a unit that can accommodate the following

3x Monitors total
4-5 excel documents open
10-15 Chrome tabs open
1x monitor that streams live video from my surveillance cameras at my business
2-3 PowerPoint documents open
On occasion Adobe AI or PS concurrently with all other tabs I have open
Rarely do I use AutoCad, but I would like the option.

What do I need? I'm don't mind buying a new build or building myself, either way. I've only built 1 in my life and it worked fine but mainly it was all plug and play, I'm by no mean an expert. Do I need to drop the money on a "Gaming" computer or is that unnecessary? All guidance welcome.

Thanks guys,
How much were you looking to spend on this and where are you located? I mean you could do some upgrades, but that system is old enough that you would want to look at replacing it.

Reactions: stonecarver
Jul 16, 2024
How much were you looking to spend on this and where are you located? I mean you could do some upgrades, but that system is old enough that you would want to look at replacing it.
It costs what it costs so that's what I'm looking to spend. I'm leaning towards replacing the entire system since its outdated and I could use it for a different purpose. That being said, what build or qualities do I need to look for to replace this with faster, better and more up to date? Any build recommendations you guys have ready to throw my way, I'll look into it

I did see this posted about a year ago
"

Reactions: artk2219

kanewolf

Titan
That's the first thing I noticed. I could spend $20 and upgrade to 16BG Ram to get me by, but I think Id rather enjoy the convenience of the newer, faster technology of everything better
You also have to consider hardware that will allow a supported Windows OS after next year. Your current hardware isn't Windows 11 compatible. Your 5600G hardware would be.

Reactions: artk2219
Jul 16, 2024
You also have to consider hardware that will allow a supported Windows OS after next year. Your current hardware isn't Windows 11 compatible. Your 5600G hardware would be.
Is Ryzen 7 5700x overkill compared to Ryzen 5 5700x both 4.6ghz but 6 vs 8 cores? about $50 difference right now