Question What do sellers do with graphic cards returned with box seals removed but inside content still intact?

vikaskumar2299

Commendable
Mar 31, 2022
Suppose you order a graphics card from Amazon. And you notice the GPU box seals (e.g., ASUS GPU box usually have two seals on both sides) are already removed or broken during the delivery. So you return it to Amazon without using the product or even touching the content inside the box.

Now my question is, what would Amazon do with that card later? Will they still sell it again as a "brand new" graphics to a different customer without the seal? Or is it considered a "refurbished" card now?

I personally doubt they would sell it as a "brand new" card now because seals are already tampered and it wouldn't be fair to the new customer. What do you think?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Amazon will typically sell that on through either their 'warehouse' refurbished type listing. IE someone takes it out of the box, looks ok puts it back in and sells it to you with a fraction of the warranty in place. In some cases they will stack it with other goods that don't appear in good enough shape or other distinctions that place them with the pallet of all type deals you can find/buy.

In a small number of cases these items may get sold on as new again and this typically comes out in an article somewhere.

I personally have purchased some of their renewed items and everything save one item has been worthwhile.

What do you think?
"refurbished" usually only pertains to items that have been inspected by the manufacturer and certified by them for resale.
though some online sellers will claim that they have personally refurbished an item even though that could mean anything.

most large retailers have discounted "open box" items available which would be like the item you describe.
usually given a quick once over to ensure the packaging and item is in good shape even though it could be missing some accessories or documentation.