Question What do you think I should do if I want to overclock to more ?

mikelearnpop

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Motherboard:Asrock z370m pro4 , CPU: i3-9350kf . I set in bios the core voltage to 1.34v and 5.1Ghz , but in Windows 10 cpuz showed the voltage is 1.255 when idle , and will increase to about 1.27 when stress testing,sometimes 1.31v I don't know why . What I want to do now is to increase the voltage, because I was told 1.35v(in cpuz) is safe enough.So should I increase the voltage in bios to more and more ,maybe 1.400v and to see what the true voltage is in cpuz, and I won't let the cpuz's voltage more than 1.35v when strees testing .Do you think what I will do is right ? Or do you have other tricks to let me add more voltage in order to have a stable 5.2Ghz cpu.

Ralston18

Titan
" because I was told 1.35v(in cpuz) is safe enough".

May or may not be true.

You must look in the motherboard and CPU specs to determine what voltages/GHz are supported.

If you go beyond the supported voltages then you do so at your own risk.

And even if the higher voltages do happen to work that is no guarantee that that will be permanent.

Best case the system becomes unstable and you can roll back. Worst case - something breaks.....

Motherboard:Asrock z370m pro4 , CPU: i3-9350kf . I set in bios the core voltage to 1.34v and 5.1Ghz , but in Windows 10 cpuz showed the voltage is 1.255 when idle , and will increase to about 1.27 when stress testing,sometimes 1.31v I don't know why . What I want to do now is to increase the voltage, because I was told 1.35v(in cpuz) is safe enough.So should I increase the voltage in bios to more and more ,maybe 1.400v and to see what the true voltage is in cpuz, and I won't let the cpuz's voltage more than 1.35v when strees testing .Do you think what I will do is right ? Or do you have other tricks to let me add more voltage in order to have a stable 5.2Ghz cpu.
First thing for any kind of OC is to make sure your cooling is more than adequate.