what effect ping quality

AYOB89

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Does ping quality get effected by somethings? I mean sometimes i get about 70 or 60 ms in BF games but some times get over 100 ms~!! So i just want to know if there any thing that effect the quality of the ping on my internet connection. thanks

Solution
You have to use actual ping commands to test network issues. What games call ping is not always a actual ping command and can represent a issue within the game or the game server also. How exactly they measure this is not constant from game to game and can be affected by different things.

You want to start by running a continuous ping in a background cmd to your router ip. That will show if the problem is inside your house or not.

If you have a very small internet connection make sure something is not downloading patches or something on your machine while the game is running that can cause all kinds of issues

Dethan1999

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
depends on where server is located. Farther = higher ping. Also, other internet use in your home can increase it. For example, if someone is streaming a movie, your ping will skyrocket. My parents use the Apple TV every night around 9pm, and my Ping skyrockets. Now I know not to play CS:GO after 9pm, lol.

Im not 100% positive, but maybe the internet package you have can affect it. not sure on that though.

AYOB89

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

thank you for the reply. but i know for a fact that when i start playing i disable wifi from the router itself so no one else is using the network while play my games, but as i mentioned i get however various ping signals sometimes a steady 60ms and sometimes above 100ms in other days !?.definitely there is something interfering with the signal over time that cause this issue or maybe the router itself or the ethernet cable?.

You have to use actual ping commands to test network issues. What games call ping is not always a actual ping command and can represent a issue within the game or the game server also. How exactly they measure this is not constant from game to game and can be affected by different things.

You want to start by running a continuous ping in a background cmd to your router ip. That will show if the problem is inside your house or not.

If you have a very small internet connection make sure something is not downloading patches or something on your machine while the game is running that can cause all kinds of issues

Solution