Question dvdfab - used to be able to rip bluray now it gets stuck on processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackBurton80

Commendable
May 1, 2022
hi

i can't for the life of me figure this out. every blu-ray i try now gets stuck on processing and cpu load on the screen in dvdfab just continues to flucuate. it never stops. here's a picture. i am ripping into ISOs. please help.

xQn40WL.png

JackBurton80

Commendable
May 1, 2022
hi

ok i ripped this bluray to my hdd as mkv files using makemkv and it ripped fine. so my drive seems to be fine. can you suggest any other possible solutions?? thanks in advance!

hi

ok i ripped this bluray to my hdd as mkv files using makemkv and it ripped fine. so my drive seems to be fine. can you suggest any other possible solutions?? thanks in advance!
Didn't you just claim to have the issue solved?

In any case, there is a web site for searching for alternative software, if you looking for something else that is supposed to do the same - here is one search result based on what (i must guess) is your issue not yet solved:
https://alternativeto.net/browse/search/?q=makemkv

JackBurton80

Commendable
May 1, 2022
Didn't you just claim to have the issue solved?

In any case, there is a web site for searching for alternative software, if you looking for something else that is supposed to do the same - here is one search result based on what (i must guess) is your issue not yet solved:
https://alternativeto.net/browse/search/?q=makemkv

hi.

no i didn't solve it. i want to use dvdfab for my blu-ray ripping. i prefer that for full 1:1 copies of blurays. makemkv doesn't make 1:1 copies with everything intact like menus. im willing to bet that its a setting in dvdfab that is causing the problem. everything was going good with dvdfab and then one day it stopped working with blu-ray. ill rip dvd today to check if it still works fine with that.i read somewhere that it has something to do wit h a setting called CUDA. i don't know anything about that. dvdfab is one of the best disc ripping apps out there so i would like to still use it.

Ok, so you're not only trying to get a copy of the video stream but you want to make an exact clone. Have you simply tried to make the DVD into a ISO-file with proper tool?
Assuming the DVD isn't copy protected somehow of course.

JackBurton80

Commendable
May 1, 2022
yes that's right.

in the past i have been able to make ISOs with DVDFab with DVDs fine. i still have to check if i have problems with doing that with DVDFab now that i can't rip Blu-rays into ISOs. i'll report back on that today. but like i said i'd prefer to use DVDFab with Blu-ray. its a reliable program and i like it. i'm not trying to be fussy i just feel like this problem can be solved and its given me success for my needs for years.

its a reliable program and i like it. i'm not trying to be fussy i just feel like this problem can be solved and its given me success for my needs for years.
Ok, I see that. But then, this is probably an issue that is strictly limited to the software itself.

Does it exist a user forum for dvdfab ? If yes, then become a member and then try to ask there - because forums for specific programs tend to have users with very specific skills for that specific software ?

JackBurton80

Commendable
May 1, 2022
there is a forum. but i don't want to discuss this there because i don't want to share a log if it shows that my copy of the software is pirated. i looked at the rules on here prior to posting and it says

"Promoting or describing any illegal or illicit activity is prohibited. We will not allow the discussion of cracking encryption, piracy, or any other illegal conduct in our forums."

im not giving information about how t o commit piracy. plus i am only making backups of the discs i own for backup purposes. the dvdfab is outrageously priced. i have a feeling they wouldn't be willing to help me on that forum if it was revealed i had a pirated copy of the app. i'm willing to bet there are others on here that are asking for help using this app or similar and it is a pirated copy of the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.