Question What extra components should I pick?

Charlessss

Prominent
Jan 7, 2023
I'm looking to buy a new gaming pc as my laptop has been acting up for a while now and it seems the issue cant be fixed, and my previous gaming pc still has a gtx 960, quite outdated I would say.

could someone check these components I probably want in the new pc and what components should I add?

Motherboard: MSI PRO B650m-A WIFI
GPU: asrock radeon RX 6950XT phantom Gaming 16Gb OC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600
RAM: 2x16 corsair vengeance CL36 5600 mhz

Thanks in advance!

I hope you would get at least 1 SSD and with any luck no spinning hard drives at all.

Cooler and power supply are quite important. Cooler height must be under a certain limit to fit in whatever case you have in mind.....so what case?

Total budget?

What country are you in?

Where might you want to buy these parts? Amazon?

Charlessss

Prominent
Jan 7, 2023
I hope you would get at least 1 SSD and with any luck no spinning hard drives at all.

Cooler and power supply are quite important. Cooler height must be under a certain limit to fit in whatever case you have in mind.....so what case?

Total budget?

What country are you in?

Where might you want to buy these parts? Amazon?
I was thinking some m.2 drive. I dont have a case in mind yet. and total budget I dont really know yet but I want it to be future proof and as of a few minutes ago I started doubting whether I would want a 6950xt or an RTX 4070. I am in the netherlands and probably will be buying from a local store but amazon could be an idea as well

Charlessss

Prominent
Jan 7, 2023
SSD (1TB minimum)
Power supply
Case
Could check pricing on DDR5-6000 CL38 or CL36 kits (probably similar price)
Aftermarket cooler?
I read somewhere that the 7000 series CPUs sometimes have problems with the 6000 mhz RAM, and where I checked they were like 30 euros more expensive, not worth it in my opinion

I was thinking some m.2 drive. I dont have a case in mind yet. and total budget I dont really know yet but I want it to be future proof and as of a few minutes ago I started doubting whether I would want a 6950xt or an RTX 4070. I am in the netherlands and probably will be buying from a local store but amazon could be an idea as well
Try to get "future proof" off your mind, however difficult that might be.

Why would you say so?

Is there a more nebulous and ill-defined term in the English language?

With all due apologies to Mister Humpty Dumpty, I have a little difficulty with his proclamation that "When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less".

Of course, I have little idea what you mean by the term, which of course is the problem with it. The user defines it as he sees fit.

What Lafong is saying is that everyone has a different [personal] definition of what it means for PC hardware to be "future proof". There's also questionable validity in purchasing a halo product for the sole purpose that it exceeds your needs by some significant margin (1.5x, 2x, etc) as a means to extend its useful life since future generations will almost always increase performance/$, and/or efficiency, as well as potentially offering new features unavailable to older hardware. Your purchase almost always will retain some level of resale value at the time of your next upgrade (typically skip at least 1 generation).

TRENDING THREADS