[SOLVED] What extra Security am I getting in Windows 10 Pro over Home?

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
Hi,

If my drives don't have built in hardware encryption or self encrypting then what's the best solution win 10 pro can offer and what are the hardware requirements for this software solution?

What Bios/UEFI settings I need to activate on the motherboard to fully take advantage of these windows 10 pro software security solutions?

Apart from encryption is there other security features you get in Pro that you don't get in home? Like for example if your computer get stolen then make it impossible for anyone or thief to access your data on your drives.

Is just password protected your windows safe nowadays or can that be easily be bypassed and if it is easy then what Windows 10 pro can offer to make it more secure without signing into Microsoft 1st to enable it?

Does Windows 10 pro offer extra secure network features like VPS or a secure cloud storage? Not those free onedrive plans where you can only put 3 files in the personal vault :rolleyes:

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
Neither are possible to hack.
Equally secure.

Well....if you're a target of the CIA or FSB, they'll just beat the decryption key out of you, so...

Well if we live in a so called free democratic or republic society where its like North Korea or China where they beat it out of you like you mentioned then there's more much bigger things to worry about as a society as a whole than data on a drive.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Well if we live in a so called free democratic or republic society where its like North Korea or China where they beat it out of you like you mentioned then there's more much bigger things to worry about as a society as a whole than data on a drive.
Those two beat you somewhat in front of everyone just to flex their muscle while the others do it at some abandoned warehouse located in a banana republic, it only depends on who you betray.