What factors depend upon high FPS in gaming?

faizan.romel

Commendable
Nov 27, 2017
I'm planing to buy gaming PC but I'm a bit confuse about high fps.
How I can get high fps (60) fps in games?
What factors play role in high fps?
CPU?
GPU?
Monitor? (cuz I heard it plays role in higher fps)

Solution
Depends on how you game and what games I am running a i5 650 3.2 ghz with 8 gb of ram and intel graphics. I can do any task just fine but when it comes to 3D I struggle because my graphics bottlenecks too fast. So balance is key but when it comes to frame rates specifically you want a good gpu that can match your cpu. Now ram is also big in your system because it helps you process things faster and help a lot in gaming. Now in my past experiences it was always my gpu was too slow so if you are strapped for money get a gpu first then get your ram and then your cpu. That is only my opinion and there will be pry 20 other people saying I’m wrong but I always have gpu problems. Hope this long answer helps.

Everything matters in this. But most importantly is a balanced build. If one part holds the others back you'll have small to big issues in terms of performance.

Mar 11, 2018
Depends on how you game and what games I am running a i5 650 3.2 ghz with 8 gb of ram and intel graphics. I can do any task just fine but when it comes to 3D I struggle because my graphics bottlenecks too fast. So balance is key but when it comes to frame rates specifically you want a good gpu that can match your cpu. Now ram is also big in your system because it helps you process things faster and help a lot in gaming. Now in my past experiences it was always my gpu was too slow so if you are strapped for money get a gpu first then get your ram and then your cpu. That is only my opinion and there will be pry 20 other people saying I’m wrong but I always have gpu problems. Hope this long answer helps.

Solution

Don't forget slow storage. This is quite an issue in big open world games where a lot of content streaming is going on. A slow hdd can result in stutters and whatnot due to it not being able to keep up with loading.