[SOLVED] What GPU Should I buy after this 1060 that actaully sucks!

May 12, 2020
So I build 2 PCs in my entire life for me. Every single time some parts are not available and I do mistakes. So last part I bought 1060 3 GB my mistake is taking this 3 gb thinking that it is the only VRAM but hey as I found out later it is also slower than 6gb.
I was thinking about buying a drone tbh but my friends said go for GPU now the drone would cost me 500$ and idk what GPU is worth the upgrade at this point.
You might ask is it doing good?
Well every game was good until I started playing Warzone. I get 60 FPS at max. Using the sniper scope in and out will drop fps to 30 ish. You can't make a play like this at all. Also I don't know what GPU can perform well. Nvidia have some many models 1060 3gb 6gb 1660 2070 10660 super and crap. I am lost. I don't it is GPU or something else I need tp upgrade
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600X @ 4.0 Ghz
Motherboard : MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC
RAM : 16 GB KINGSTON PREDATOR RGB 2933 MHz
Storage :
1- SANDISK SSD 128 GB
2- Seagate 1TB SSHD Hybrid Drive
3- WD 500GB Blue
GPU : Single MSI NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB
Case : Rampage FALCON-X
Power Supply : COOLER MASTER 650W 80+ BRONZE
Headset : Logitech G935 Artemis Spectrum
Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard : Bloody B318
MONITOR : Viewsonic XG2402 144 Hz

Solution
Do not beat yourself about the 3gb vs. 6gb decision.
GTX1060 6gb has 1280 CUDA cores vs. 1152 for the GTX1060 3gb.
Really not much of a difference.
On tom's gpu hierarchy list, it shows the GTX1060 6gb as 36.3% of the strongest gpu, the titan RTX.
The GTX1060 3gb is at 33.1%
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html
You can get a decent idea of comparable performance bu examining the list.

Some games are more cpu intense than you might think.
To see if a graphics card upgrade might do you some good, run this test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you...
Apr 18, 2020
As you have a Ryzen 5 2600X you could easily upgrade your GPU without a CPU bottleneck. If you are playing at high settings then you might need an expensive/powerful GPU. I would recommend, for medium settings, a 5700 XT or 2060 Super if you're looking for 144 FPS.

May 12, 2020
As you have a Ryzen 5 2600X you could easily upgrade your GPU without a CPU bottleneck. If you are playing at high settings then you might need an expensive/powerful GPU. I would recommend, for medium settings, a 5700 XT or 2060 Super if you're looking for 144 FPS.
I play at the lowest settings I am trying to figure out what GPU is really good for thay setup

Apr 18, 2020
I play at the lowest settings I am trying to figure out what GPU is really good for thay setup
I know that with a Gtx 1660 ti you can get about 140 fps average on low settings, and it might dip down to about 110-120 minimum though I feel like a lot of the game you are indoors and should easily be able to get 144 fps the majority of the time but if you really wanted you could get a 1070 ti and have more stable >144 fps

On tom's gpu hierarchy list, it shows the GTX1060 6gb as 36.3% of the strongest gpu, the titan RTX.

If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
The idea is if you lower the demand on the graphics card, it will simulate what a stronger card would do.

Here is another test to assess how capable your processor is :
Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 70%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 30% improvement in core speed might do.

Ryzen does not overclock well, but you could try and see if you do better.

Looking at your storage, I do not much like the setup.
  1. 120gb is too small for a windows C drive. As a ssd fills up, it will lose performance and endurance.
  2. I do not much like the firecuda drive. The 64mb cache is not large enough to hope that anything will be frequently reused.
  3. WD blue 500gb can be several different types, from a ssd to a 5400rpm 2.5" HDD or a 7200rpm HDD

If you have some money to spend, consider a 1tb samsung 970 evo + m2.pcie device.
Relegate the 1tb samsung to an external backup.
Do you have ANY external backup ataall? If not, I presume you have nothing you care about losing in the event of a failure, ransomware, or other disaster.

Solution
May 12, 2020

If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
The idea is if you lower the demand on the graphics card, it will simulate what a stronger card would do.

Here is another test to assess how capable your processor is :
Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 70%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 30% improvement in core speed might do.

Ryzen does not overclock well, but you could try and see if you do better.

Looking at your storage, I do not much like the setup.
  1. 120gb is too small for a windows C drive. As a ssd fills up, it will lose performance and endurance.
  2. I do not much like the firecuda drive. The 64mb cache is not large enough to hope that anything will be frequently reused.
  3. WD blue 500gb can be several different types, from a ssd to a 5400rpm 2.5" HDD or a 7200rpm HDD
If you have some money to spend, consider a 1tb samsung 970 evo + m2.pcie device.
Relegate the 1tb samsung to an external backup.
Do you have ANY external backup ataall? If not, I presume you have nothing you care about losing in the event of a failure, ransomware, or other disaster.
I love your satisfying answer. I did the tests already and I knew I need upgrade the GPU and of course the cpu on the list I am just waiting for the new Ryen It could support my motherboard. For the storage, it is a bit messy but I am kinda not really needing any space since I don't download or do anything that need space. I fire up my pc run some games and that is it. I am looking into the 5800 xt maybe I can get one from a good after market

May 12, 2020
I know that with a Gtx 1660 ti you can get about 140 fps average on low settings, and it might dip down to about 110-120 minimum though I feel like a lot of the game you are indoors and should easily be able to get 144 fps the majority of the time but if you really wanted you could get a 1070 ti and have more stable >144 fps
1070 TI or 5700 XT?