[SOLVED] What gpu should i get for 500watts psu?

Sep 21, 2019
Hey guys, i got a question for my new project pc.

So i'm looking for a good gpu that can run games at 1080p medium-high but i am kinda limited by me psu right now.

I want some options for a good price/performance graphics card.

My current setup is i5-2400 3.1ghz (95 watts) 3.4ghz turbo, dell verto 280 motherboard, 2x4gb ram 1333 ddr3, ssd 128gb samsung, 1tb harddisk 7200rpm (thit pc was 90 bucks) and i did a mistake on the power supply, i should go for 600 watts at least but now i'm kinda screwed.. stuck with 500 watts one ( nJoy Titan 500, 500W Real Power, PFC Active, 80+ Bronze) [i know isn't the best but i really can't do nothing right now, upgrading isn't an option for me if u can understand that thanks ^^]

For the gpu i'm looking for something around 80-100 euro (i will get it second hand). I saw some gpu's like r9 280/290, gtx 10650 or rx 570 but i don't know if 500 watts with my configuration will be enough for them.. i don't want to overcloak them, just standard use.

Solution
nJoy Titan 500
This is not a 500W PSU and I have not heard of this brand as well. From the google search I did about it, it shows 372W in the 12V rails which is what matters the most.
That being said, I would highly suggest to buy a decent PSU of a known brand before thinking of upgrading your GPU.
Since you don't seem to be able to upgrade that, I would suggest GPUs that do not need extra power from PSU, just the power provided by the PCI slot.
nJoy Titan 500
This is not a 500W PSU and I have not heard of this brand as well. From the google search I did about it, it shows 372W in the 12V rails which is what matters the most.
That being said, I would highly suggest to buy a decent PSU of a known brand before thinking of upgrading your GPU.
Since you don't seem to be able to upgrade that, I would suggest GPUs that do not need extra power from PSU, just the power provided by the PCI slot.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Solution
Sep 21, 2019

I heared more good things about that company and it's pretty popular in my country but if u say it only does 372w from all.. that's kinda sad

https://prnt.sc/p93sbc <-

The fact that I do not know them, does not mean that they are not good. I can't have an opinion without being informed about them.
But, it still remains 372w nonetheless. On its peak if it achieves 80+ it can deliver 300ish watts. That would make me cautious and I would not push the system with OC or with a power hungry GPU.