Question What graphics card for 1440p gaming? check the pc part picker link

sayooyas

Prominent
Oct 25, 2021
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/cmh8PX

I want to play overwatch 2 at 1440p, i got a 165hz montior.

may i get some recommendations for an rtx gpu please. my monitor has gsync thus rtx.

no budget but i dont want to upgrade any other part as well. so only have 750w psu to work with.

EDIT: sorry, i forgot to add that the pc is already built, i just need a gpu. i have been without one for few months.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with that PSU model but MSI does not make me think of a quality psu. Sure someone who knows this psu will confirm. If the quality isn’t up to standard that will restrict options.

Assuming the PSU is good enough you could run any RTX up to a 3080 and even then maybe not the most power demanding models. Anything higher really needs 850w or greater.
It really comes down to how much you want to spend versus how much you are comfortable reducing settings. I run a 3080 10GB and it will run most games at >140fps at max/very high settings (no Ray Tracing) at 1440p. Although I have gone with a new 240Hz monitor and brought settings down a bit to get >200fps and the difference in visual quality is negligible so I would not worry about reducing settings a bit.

Really anything from a 3060Ti and up could be considered depending on budget and willingness to compromise settings.

sayooyas

Prominent
Oct 25, 2021
I am not familiar with that PSU model but MSI does not make me think of a quality psu. Sure someone who knows this psu will confirm. If the quality isn’t up to standard that will restrict options.

Assuming the PSU is good enough you could run any RTX up to a 3080 and even then maybe not the most power demanding models. Anything higher really needs 850w or greater.
It really comes down to how much you want to spend versus how much you are comfortable reducing settings. I run a 3080 10GB and it will run most games at >140fps at max/very high settings (no Ray Tracing) at 1440p. Although I have gone with a new 240Hz monitor and brought settings down a bit to get >200fps and the difference in visual quality is negligible so I would not worry about reducing settings a bit.

Really anything from a 3060Ti and up could be considered depending on budget and willingness to compromise settings.
i got the psu after looking at this

there is no budget since someone else is buying me one but then i also dont wanna go crazy and get a titan or a 3090ti. not bothered to switch my psu. my laziness is the reason i guess.

DSzymborski

Titan
It's a good PSU, but it's below the usual choices like the Corsair RMx.

The price looks bad, but that's because it's in AUD.

I wouldn't buy it though, with this rig. The Corsair RMX/Seasonic offerings/Super Flower Leadex III are all around 170 AUD. If the budget doesn't have 30 AUD to grow, there's a ton of fat in this build that could be sliced off.

Reactions: sizzling

sayooyas

Prominent
Oct 25, 2021
It's a good PSU, but it's below the usual choices like the Corsair RMx.

The price looks bad, but that's because it's in AUD.

I wouldn't buy it though, with this rig. The Corsair RMX/Seasonic offerings/Super Flower Leadex III are all around 170 AUD. If the budget doesn't have 30 AUD to grow, there's a ton of fat in this build that could be sliced off.
sorry, i forgot to add that the pc is already built, i just need a gpu. i have been without one for few months.

DSzymborski

Titan
sorry, i forgot to add that the pc is already built, i just need a gpu. i have been without one for few months.

Ah. A 3060 Ti would be enough for what you want to do; the system requirements are not that high, so it's relatively easy to get high framerates.

I think the choice of GPU depends on how ambitious you think you'll be in types of games you play. A 3080 would make sense for a system configured like this, but then again, I'm also not sure that you're using all of a system configured like this anyway. This looks like a high-end gaming build that also doubles for some robust workstation functions (for instance, I do a lot of database work and stochastic modeling in my workhorse rig). But I don't want to put you in a position in which you're spending money for performance you're not going to use.

Don't get me wrong; your PSU is certainly not a bad one and ought to be able to run a 3080 safely. I just meant that in the context of a new build, that would not be the choice I'd go with.

sayooyas

Prominent
Oct 25, 2021
Ah. A 3060 Ti would be enough for what you want to do; the system requirements are not that high, so it's relatively easy to get high framerates.

I think the choice of GPU depends on how ambitious you think you'll be in types of games you play. A 3080 would make sense for a system configured like this, but then again, I'm also not sure that you're using all of a system configured like this anyway. This looks like a high-end gaming build that also doubles for some robust workstation functions (for instance, I do a lot of database work and stochastic modeling in my workhorse rig). But I don't want to put you in a position in which you're spending money for performance you're not going to use.

Don't get me wrong; your PSU is certainly not a bad one and ought to be able to run a 3080 safely. I just meant that in the context of a new build, that would not be the choice I'd go with.
so 3060ti is it but just to future proof it a little for updates and maybe try a different game, maybe should go to 3070 or ti. I googled and it says i need 850w psu to be on the safe side using a 3080.
I do work with databases time to time as well. i usually have to do a lot of vm work that should explain the ram, i might upgrade to 128 gb soon. and i work from home and i get 2 hrs during work when i got nothing to do so i play while i still have work running in the back ground.

so how do i check if the 3070/ti im buying is good or not? i dont understand how some are different in price

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/cmh8PX

I want to play overwatch 2 at 1440p, i got a 165hz montior.

may i get some recommendations for an rtx gpu please. my monitor has gsync thus rtx.

no budget but i dont want to upgrade any other part as well. so only have 750w psu to work with.

EDIT: sorry, i forgot to add that the pc is already built, i just need a gpu. i have been without one for few months.
Hello fellow 10850K owner, I would say a 3060 Ti or 3070.