[SOLVED] What happen if you install the motherboard audio driver twice without uninstalling the previous audio driver

Aug 20, 2020
So I was having problems with my audio so I suspect it my motherboard audio driver so I reinstalled my motherboard audio driver but I didn’t uninstall the previous audio driver on my pc can anything bad happen if I install the motherboard audio driver twice is there any side effects because when I reinstalled my motherboard audio driver it said it was uninstalling the Audio driver first before installing it again

also what happens if you install a newer version audio driver on you pc when you didn’t uninstall the older version audio driver can anything bad happen?

Solution
You shouldn´t care about it.

Did you extract the zip file in a folder and then run the asus setup file ro did you run it within a zip tool?
eventually the ASUS setup file has to be opened like: right click on file, run as administrator...

The driver will work as intended with the other setup file as well
It should automatically check if there is a previous version.usually they are just overwriting files and nothing bad will happen.
In the worst case, if something weird happens to your audio, you will be able to uninstall both/all drivers and start again.

Aug 20, 2020
It should automatically check if there is a previous version.usually they are just overwriting files and nothing bad will happen.
In the worst case, if something weird happens to your audio, you will be able to uninstall both/all drivers and start again.
When I reinstalled my audio driver again it said it was uninstalling the audio driver and then after it restarted It would take me to the process of installing the audio driver

is that right

Aug 20, 2020
in your case you can´t install two audio driver versions before uninstalling the old one
I installed the same version audio driver just to make sure it has something to do with my audio problems is that fine if I just installed the same version audio driver without uninstalling the audio driver before reinstalling it

and what happens if you install a different version audio driver without uninstall the older version

yes

if you install the same version either the installer refuses to install or just replaces the existing files/entries depending on which audio device you have.

which problems do you have with your audio anyways?

which motherboard/sound card/headset are you using?

Aug 20, 2020
yes

if you install the same version either the installer refuses to install or just replaces the existing files/entries depending on which audio device you have.

which problems do you have with your audio anyways?

which motherboard/sound card/headset are you using?
Yes when I installed the same version audio driver it said it was uninstalling the audio driver I had and then it started reinstalling the audio driver After which was the same version

the audio problem I have is like the volume in games were so fussey

I am useing a asus b450 f gaming motherboard

Did you extract the zip file in a folder and then run the asus setup file ro did you run it within a zip tool?
eventually the ASUS setup file has to be opened like: right click on file, run as administrator...

Solution
Aug 20, 2020

i downloaded the file unzip it and click asus setup but nothing happening so I just click setup instead and it installed is that fine