Question What is a cache folder and can you delete it?

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hi, sorry - I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to PCs. What is a 'cache' folder and can I delete it?

I was having problems with the EA app staying signed in and I've seen online that deleting the cache folder for the EA app resolves the issue, I'm just a bit anxious about doing so though.

Any advice welcome!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
In this context that is data that has been stored on your system so that it can load faster. Rather than loading this data from the web. In the case of something like the EA app it would be box art and other things specific to you.

Deleting the contents of a cache file is usually fine, it may make the application slow to load the next time.

Reactions: OnlyAlex

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
In this context that is data that has been stored on your system so that it can load faster. Rather than loading this data from the web. In the case of something like the EA app it would be box art and other things specific to you.

Deleting the contents of a cache file is usually fine, it may make the application slow to load the next time.
Thanks for this. It was the EA session helper folder which only had a cache folder in it, apparently it helps with a log in issue which I had and it does seem to have resolved the issue. As long as deleting the cache isn’t a bad thing, that’s good.

Latest posts