[SOLVED] What is causing my PC to crash daily?

kristopheralton

Commendable
Nov 30, 2017
So recently my PC keeps crashing, either by my games freezing or completely getting the sad faced blue screen, causing my PC to reset. All of my parts are just now hitting a year old, so they shouldn't be wearing out just yet.
I recently purchased more DDR4 RAM since there was a nice deal on black friday, however, the first 16GB that I had from when I originally built my rig (8x2 sticks) were DDR4 2400, and the new 16 GB (another 8x2 sticks) are DDR4 3000, could this be causing an issue? I thought it was possible that I had a virus, so i reset my windows a few days ago, and my problem still persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SPECS:
MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 (16 3000, and 16 2400)
GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core (3.8GHz Turbo)
PSU: 750W Rosewill Quark Series (Fully Modular)
Memory: 4TB HDD -- 500GB SSD

Solution
If you want 32gbs of ram, you need to do it in dual channel.
Either return the new set, and get 16x2 sticks, or keep the ddr4 3000 set and sell the older one.
The cpu was designed for dual channel, and thus runs best as such. You only succeeded in making your system more unstable with 4 sticks.

Different rated speeds and timings lead to further instability. Even if you went and bought a four stick kit, it likely still wouldn't run properly.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you want 32gbs of ram, you need to do it in dual channel.
Either return the new set, and get 16x2 sticks, or keep the ddr4 3000 set and sell the older one.
The cpu was designed for dual channel, and thus runs best as such. You only succeeded in making your system more unstable with 4 sticks.

Different rated speeds and timings lead to further instability. Even if you went and bought a four stick kit, it likely still wouldn't run properly.

Solution