Question What is going wrong with my PC?

May 5, 2020
Hey guys and gals, I need some help with diagnosing a problem with my PC. The build is about 3 years old (built January 2017).

Over the past month I have been running into an increasing number of random system restarts, sometimes while the computer is working hard, but now it has begun to happen even under minimal stress that the PC would of easily handled only a couple months ago. Black screen, and immediate system reboot without any windows or system error screen to speak of.

Task manager is recording random spikes in disk usage, but all three hardware and memory scans that I have ran are not detecting any issues with my components, and considering several things (CPU, memory leak, hard drive failure, and PSU) are all potential culprits, I'm at my wits end trying to diagnose the problem myself. I'm a student and with my summer classes coming up and the COVID crisis I cannot afford to have my internet access bottlenecked by an unstable PC, I've already had a restart happen during an exam.

System Specs:
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i5 7600K processor
NVIDIA GTX 1660 Graphics Card
EVGA 650 G3 Power Supply
Strix Z270E Motherboard

Once again, all systems including my power supply are running at acceptable levels, the only red flag that I'm getting is random spikes in Disk usage.
Thanks for any help or advice you can give.