[SOLVED] What is good temperature for ASUS PRIME B550M-A?

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I am curious as to what my temperature range should be for this motherboard. I am having a hard time finding the information for some reason. Currently my MOBO is 37C under load (playing Red Dead Redemption 2). Is this safe and what range could I expect to see with this MOBO?

Solution
So when I use HWinfo to view the sensors, under the MOBO mainboard it shows my temp of 37c during RDR2. At that time my CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) is running anywhere from 55c to 66c. My GPU (EVGA GTX 1060 6gb) is running 69 to 73c. Im new to PC and this is my first build.
OK...so yeah, MOBO is probably a motherboard sensor, if anything. If lucky it might be picking up the air flow coming out of the GPU and can be used to ramp up case fans when the GPU starts working hard.

But it's well after the GPU so it probably doesn't move a lot. You can test it by checking it running a GPU-only stress, something like Valley, and watch how much it changes after 5-10 minutes. It will not likely ever read as hot as the GPU itself.

On my...
I am curious as to what my temperature range should be for this motherboard. I am having a hard time finding the information for some reason. Currently my MOBO is 37C under load (playing Red Dead Redemption 2). Is this safe and what range could I expect to see with this MOBO?

By saying 37°C, do you mean the temperature inside the computer case?

What is the CPU temperature?

Reactions: rcsverige

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
By saying 37°C, do you mean the temperature inside the computer case?

What is the CPU temperature?
So when I use HWinfo to view the sensors, under the MOBO mainboard it shows my temp of 37c during RDR2. At that time my CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) is running anywhere from 55c to 66c. My GPU (EVGA GTX 1060 6gb) is running 69 to 73c. Im new to PC and this is my first build.

What utility are you using to read out temperature?

"MOBO" temp could be a motherboard sensor, not a CPU sensor.

OK...so yeah, MOBO is probably a motherboard sensor, if anything. If lucky it might be picking up the air flow coming out of the GPU and can be used to ramp up case fans when the GPU starts working hard.

But it's well after the GPU so it probably doesn't move a lot. You can test it by checking it running a GPU-only stress, something like Valley, and watch how much it changes after 5-10 minutes. It will not likely ever read as hot as the GPU itself.

On my motherboard it will move from 35C to 41C when the GPU's in the middle of Valley, barely enough to ramp up fans reliably.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS