[SOLVED] What is GPU clearance? What is the minimum GPU length to clearance difference i should consider? What is the ideal minimum clearance?

teo.kostovski

Commendable
Sep 1, 2017
Hello everyone, so im curious. I've been reading about Cases lately and i'm curious. What is Gpu clearance exactly (I know that it's the length needed for a gpu to fit) but i'm still a bit confused on that. Also what is the minimum clearance to GPU length difference i should consider, and what is the ideal GPU length to clearance difference, is it anything above a certain lenght-clearance difference?

Solution
Small case + large GPU = problems.
Basically, you just have to verify all the parts actually fit without touching where they should not.
You don't want the GPU to touch the case. Or length, it might impinge on a HDD bay.

USAFRet

Titan
Basically, you just have to verify all the parts actually fit without touching where they should not.
You don't want the GPU to touch the case. Or length, it might impinge on a HDD bay.

Solution

teo.kostovski

Commendable
Sep 1, 2017
Thanks for the quick answer!
Follow-up question, is there such a thing as too much clearance? Or am i fine with a 250 mm GPU and a case with a 360mm clearance?