Question What is "Graphics" and "Memory" in Heaven Benchmark for my RTX 3070?

May 1, 2023
in Heaven Benchmark, there are 'sensors' displayed in the top right corner: your fps, "Graphics", "Memory", and your gpu name. the numbers shown next to Graphics and Memory confuse me, because they don't line up with the normal GPU Clocks and Memory Clocks I can see in HWInfo and GPU-Z, which are supposed to have max boosts of 1750-1770mhz

the number next to "Graphics" is constantly at 2100mhz
the number next to "Memory" is constantly at either 5001mhz or 7001mhz; it can fluctuate sometimes, but it's only those 2 numbers specifically

MSI Afterburner shows this as well, but I don't see anything in that application that matches the 2100mhz number

so overall I'm confused. I recently uninstalled Armory Crate, so is something messed up somehow? or is this a similar situation to ram timings, where you can have 3600mhz ddr4 memory, but the timings are always shown as 1800mhz due to the way it works

basically I'm asking if this normal. if it is normal, why are they at 2100 and 5001/7001mhz respectively? and is it fine for the Memory to fluctuate between 5001 and 7001 during HB sometimes?

IDProG

Distinguished
in Heaven Benchmark, there are 'sensors' displayed in the top right corner: your fps, "Graphics", "Memory", and your gpu name. the numbers shown next to Graphics and Memory confuse me, because they don't line up with the normal GPU Clocks and Memory Clocks I can see in HWInfo and GPU-Z, which are supposed to have max boosts of 1750-1770mhz

the number next to "Graphics" is constantly at 2100mhz
the number next to "Memory" is constantly at either 5001mhz or 7001mhz; it can fluctuate sometimes, but it's only those 2 numbers specifically

MSI Afterburner shows this as well, but I don't see anything in that application that matches the 2100mhz number

so overall I'm confused. I recently uninstalled Armory Crate, so is something messed up somehow? or is this a similar situation to ram timings, where you can have 3600mhz ddr4 memory, but the timings are always shown as 1800mhz due to the way it works

basically I'm asking if this normal. if it is normal, why are they at 2100 and 5001/7001mhz respectively? and is it fine for the Memory to fluctuate between 5001 and 7001 during HB sometimes?
Name of the exact GPU?

For example: MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC.

The "graphics" is mostly the GPU's clock speed. The "memory" can be DRAM or VRAM, but considering its speed, it is most likely VRAM.

May 1, 2023
Name of the exact GPU?

The "graphics" is mostly the GPU's clock speed. The "memory" can be DRAM or VRAM, but considering its speed, it is most likely VRAM.
it’s a Gigabyte RTX 3070 Eagle 8gb

secondly, it’s okay for that Memory number to be at 7000 in-games as well right? playing Destiny 2 and it’s pretty much constantly at either 5000mhz or 7000mhz, just like Heaven Benchmark. it’s more so at 7000mhz until I tab out. is that generally expected behavior of a gpu under load?

on idle, MSI Afterburner shows the Mem speed to be around 400mhz

May 1, 2023
Name of the exact GPU?

I checked with hwinfo Memory Clocks under the gpu section, and looked at MSI Afterburner at the same time

when the Memory Clocks are at 1,250, the Memory in MSI Afterburner is 5000. when the Mem Clocks spike to 1,750, the Memory in MSI goes to 7000

seems to be the same reading, just different ways of reading it