Question What is Ideal case fan setup for Cooler Master H500P Mesh?

Nov 30, 2019
Here's the list of the components I'm planning to get: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x9kH8M

Considering I'll be overclocking my CPU, are the 2 front 200 mm stock coolers and the single 120 mm rear exhaust good enough? If not then please suggest an ideal fan setup for optimum airflow/ cooling, especially for the GPU.

Nov 30, 2019
Buy a 140mm fan to install at the top-rear position. The 2x 200mm and a rear(140mm, I think?) are preinstalled.
The stock rear exhaust is a 120 mm but, yes, that slot supports upto 140 mm. By "top-rear position" did you mean the rear exhaust or did you suggest adding an extra 4th fan on top?

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The stock rear exhaust is a 120 mm but, yes, that slot supports upto 140 mm. By "top-rear position" did you mean the rear exhaust or did you suggest adding an extra 4th fan on top?
I said it like that because the top panel supports 3 fans: front, middle, and top.
By 'top-rear', I meant the top panel, but the fan slot at the back.

I wouldn't suggest adding a 2nd top exhaust fan, because it would be positioned over the cpu cooler, and that would introduce the problem of the middle fan pulling some cool air away before it can feed the cpu cooler.

Reactions: RogueNineOne