Question What is ME Firmware Driver and How to Check Current Version?

12pak

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I want to update the BIOS on my Strix Z790-E, but the instructions on Asus's site are severely lacking. It tells me to first check the ME Driver version and in need update that first, but it doesn't explain what it is, or where/how to check the currently installed version.

12pak

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

I don't see anywhere in that article telling me where to find the driver on my PC and how to check the version that is currently installed. I downloaded the tool to do the upgrade, but I remember seeing something about Management Engine update during my initial install of everything when I built the PC a couple weeks back, so I want to check the version of what is currently installed before I do this again. Trouble is, I can't find where on my PC that I can find the current version installed.

Also, when I ran the tool, first thing that popped up was a warning to back up my Bitlocker. I don't know where to find that either, lol, so I canceled out and didn't let the tool run yet.

I don't see anywhere in that article telling me where to find the driver on my PC and how to check the version that is currently installed. I downloaded the tool to do the upgrade, but I remember seeing something about Management Engine update during my initial install of everything when I built the PC a couple weeks back, so I want to check the version of what is currently installed before I do this again. Trouble is, I can't find where on my PC that I can find the current version installed.

Also, when I ran the tool, first thing that popped up was a warning to back up my Bitlocker. I don't know where to find that either, lol, so I canceled out and didn't let the tool run yet.
If you have automatic updates on, it should update automatically to the latest version.