Question What is my radiator coolant capacity?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, if it isn't, get yourself some distilled water to add to it, unless you are going for color. Or just use distilled water and a little biocide in the first place.

Not sure anyone bothers with listing capacities, you fill until it is full. Tube length, reservoir size, radiator size. A lot of variables and you can bet there would be people complaining that the exact capacities didn't match up to their builds.

Victel

Honorable
Oct 31, 2016
Well, if it isn't, get yourself some distilled water to add to it, unless you are going for color. Or just use distilled water and a little biocide in the first place.

Not sure anyone bothers with listing capacities, you fill until it is full. Tube length, reservoir size, radiator size. A lot of variables and you can bet there would be people complaining that the exact capacities didn't match up to their builds.

It would seem that's the case that they don't care to list capacity. The problem is that coolant isn't cheap and when I'm buying it I need to have an idea how much i need. The radiator is where most of the liquid would be. Do you think two 24 fl would be enough if we're just mainly talking about the radiator?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I just emptied my loop yesterday, tiny reservoir, CPU, GPU, tubes, and two standard 280mm radiators. Was maybe a 1cm deep in a 15cm bucket, which is around 6 FL ounces?

If 48 ounces isn't enough I would be surprised, but I don't know about the rest of your setup, could have one of those tall tube reservoirs.