What is Network 5?

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Where I connect to my wifi there is a a wifi network that is named "Network 5". Even when Im connected to my home wifi, im connected to Network 5 as well. I cant disconnect from it and I never remembered connecting to it. It shows that its a public network and that theres no internet access. Does anybody know what this is??

Windows will assign network 1, 2 ,3 ,4, 5, etc..... each time you change the network configuration.
It could be the last time you were at a lan party and changed the network settings to connect to the hosts network or when you visited Starbucks, McDonalds or any open wifi network.
It is just the fifth time you have changed network settings and windows remembers them by assigning sequential numbers.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

i dont think I have ever changed the network settings. And im on a desktop so I never brought it anywhere

windows will think it's in a new network everytime it detects a new router. If you've changed your router or router configuration. then it will create a new network. In short it's nothing to worry about. It really doesn't do anything or get in the way.