What is the best and inexpensive graphics card?

Solution

Lol, I can understand the word 'inexpensive' is not apt for this question. Sorry for it :p

Right now, I have MSI R9 270X OC. When I tested it with Furmark (with 8X MSAA), I can observe only 17 FPS. So, do you got any ideas like which card can beat this performance?

Note:Let the price be similar to / lesser than the current video card.

What about this one http://www.flipkart.com/asus-nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdgqhgudcz6hff?pid=GRCDGQHGUDCZ6HFF&srno=b_4&ref=c1954096-ef4f-438b-ace9-93fc4c8ccdcb

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The GPU market is quite mature. While there's some minor variability, a card that significantly outperforms your 270x is not going to be the same or cheaper than it. The 270x is essentially a 7870 with a tiny bit of tweaking, which is in the same performance tier as the 660.

Oh, that's nice. First of all, thank you for spending your time in providing me this valuable list. I am definitely considering this one.

Secondly, I have R9 270X with FX 6300. Do you think the CPU would be a bottleneck? If so, can overclocking help me to put an end to this bottleneck?

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270X-vs-GeForce-GTX-660

Here, 270X outperforms 660 and also bit cheaper when compared to 660.

Guess what, eduello. I have been checking about this card (R9 280X - used one) through online. I saw a person selling the same card that is about 3 months old with warranty. Considering the used card works good, what are all the things should I check when purchasing this used one?

1. Price is pretty high but I will obviously bargain.

2. He's just a normal person like me. I got him through free online classifieds.

3. Also, how to make sure if the card can work good in long run?

FantasticMessi2

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014

For Example , Crysis 3

it will not bottleneck but your avg fps will be 35 - 50 at high settings (1080p) and 40 - 60 fps at high settings (720p) . if u want to play on ULTRA at 40 - 70 fps then u should go for i7 4770k , i5 4670k or fx 8350 or fx 9590 (fx 9590 needs very nice cooling)

Benchmark with 'R9 270x and fx 6300' vs 'fx 6300 and gtx 760' at high settings . see the fps .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9_Wn6w3InU

Oh. Okay. But what about fx 8320? Taking Crysis 3 (with ultra settings and v-sync to be turned on) as an example, will be there any difference in graphics performance between fx 6300 and fx 8320? I cannot go for gtx 760 as it is pretty high in pricing. Will occasional freeze be diminished in 8320?

FantasticMessi2

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014

r9 270x is a very high end card (can easily compare with gtx 760 at 720p and 1080p) so no need to buy a new gpu . instead spend the money on a good cpu and ram . fx 8320 is a good cpu (will offer higher fps than fx 6300) and will give greater performance with 8 gigs of ram . if u have screen tearing in games then turn on vsync . if not then no need . turning on vsync , will reduce screen tearing (if there) , and will limit the fps to 60 and even some games to 30 fps

Solution

Thanks for your valuable information that I was searching over a long period of time.

A big thanks to eduello and DSzymborski for helping me to know the facts.

Update 1: Hey eduello, I have decided not to purchase a graphics card. Instead, I'm going to buy a new processor. The person who is selling that card was very rude while he was speaking with me through telephone. Also, he is not giving out a proper assurance of his card, making me to think the card has a defect.

Update 2: Waiting for RobCrezz's comments to make sure I'm going in a right direction.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

I wouldn't describe the 270x as high end... its mid range really, there is the 280 and 290 (x and non x) at the high end.

Hmm... what about the processor? As mentioned in the posts above, I believe 8320 will definitely help me in graphics improvement in high end games when compared to 6300.

I'm confused. If it doesn't work good, should I go with r9 280x?
let me make my question more clear. What is the best combo?

FX 6300 with R9 280X

or

Fx 8320 with R9 270X

FantasticMessi2

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014

if u are going to buy an r9 280x then u will need a good power supply as the power requirement will go more high somewhere around 650 watts (including hard drive and power of other parts) , and your overall expenditure will be around $ 450 . so according to this forum (what is the best and inexpensive card) i would recommend you to not to buy any graphics card as your graphics card is v.good , instead spend your money to buy an fx 8320 or an fx 8350 , or a little more so that you can acquire an i5 4670k .which is a solid cpu .

TRENDING THREADS