[SOLVED] what is the Best Budget CPU for 1080p 2022

Solution
You keep asking for best, and there is no best. It's very subjective. Motherboards come in different ranges, each range has different properties. The budget class boards have fewer gadgets and gizmos and don't handle the high grade cpus very well, the enthusiast class is a decent all-around compromise and elite class has all the bells and whistles and is suited for top line cpus and overclocking etc. So there is no 'best' as such, there's only what's going to be good for your wallet vs your needs.

At your budget and needs, a 12100 or 12400 is all that's required. I don't like F squ cpus, they have no built in igpu. You may never need to use it, but if you ever do and don't have it, you are stuck. Very cheap insurance vs price...
I want smooth 60 fps at 1080p max settings
What game are you playing? I disagree that CPU hardly matters. E-sport type games are typically played at extremely high FPS with high refresh rate monitors that needs a fast processor to prepare the frame for the GPU.

But triple-A games are a different matter. These are graphic rich and lush with detail that places the greatest demand on the GPU for rendering the complex elements. Along with that the play action doesn't usually depend on high frame rates so they're are highly playable at lower fps, maybe even 40fps being quite good enough even with a high refresh rate monitor. An older CPU can frequently bring even modern GPU's to it's knees at the very high to ultra settings that make these games so appealing.

Last edited:
Yep 60 fps and smooth 1080p specs . And also budget friendly . Recommend me some specs . I prefer Intel cpus never dealt with amds
I’m guessing what budget friendly means. An i5 12400f isn’t the cheapest option but it also is fairly ’budget friendly’. This is more than what you need today but should have enough headroom to be a good 60fps cpu for several years. Just look at motherboards that run DDR4, no point paying the premium for DDR5.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
I’m guessing what budget friendly means. An i5 12400f isn’t the cheapest option but it also is fairly ’budget friendly’. This is more than what you need today but should have enough headroom to be a good 60fps cpu for several years. Just look at motherboards that run DDR4, no point paying the premium for DDR5.
Can you name me a good build friendly budget combo under 850 usd ? And can hold 60+ fps at 1080p max settings

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Do you thin
What country are you in? Best someone who knows local pricing suggests.
My country is Morocco local is x3 original price sometimes more . So getting from Online websites is good

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Yes I don't need ddr5 only ddr4 + what's the difference between 12400f and 12400

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
The f means it does not have integrated graphics so you must use a gpu to get a display. With a 12400/f you don't need a high end motherboard so a good value B660 or H670 board will be fine.
Will the fps get down or will be a difference between a high end and a low end mobo?

Is the micro atx motherboards have low fps than atx motherboards?

Last edited:
Will the fps get down or will be a difference between a high end and a low end mobo?

Is the micro atx motherboards have low fps than atx motherboards?
Highly unlikely a motherboard will make any difference to how a 12400 performs. If the cpu was one that required more power or could be overclocked then yes a better motherboard might help.

Micro ATX is just the size. It won’t impact your performance but will have fewer ports due to its size. Having more M.2 slots or USB ports on an ATX can be helpful but if you know you don’t need them then nothing lost by having fewer on a small Micro ATX.

Reactions: autoblogart

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Highly unlikely a motherboard will make any difference to how a 12400 performs. If the cpu was one that required more power or could be overclocked then yes a better motherboard might help.

Micro ATX is just the size. It won’t impact your performance but will have fewer ports due to its size. Having more M.2 slots or USB ports on an ATX can be helpful but if you know you don’t need them then nothing lost by having fewer on a small Micro ATX.
Oh that's a good explanation . Can you tell me what is the best atx motherboard for u5 12400f and what's the best micro atx for the same cpu

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You keep asking for best, and there is no best. It's very subjective. Motherboards come in different ranges, each range has different properties. The budget class boards have fewer gadgets and gizmos and don't handle the high grade cpus very well, the enthusiast class is a decent all-around compromise and elite class has all the bells and whistles and is suited for top line cpus and overclocking etc. So there is no 'best' as such, there's only what's going to be good for your wallet vs your needs.

At your budget and needs, a 12100 or 12400 is all that's required. I don't like F squ cpus, they have no built in igpu. You may never need to use it, but if you ever do and don't have it, you are stuck. Very cheap insurance vs price difference.

MATX mobo's are fine for most. You only really require a ATX if you want the extra fan headers, m.2 ports etc, otherwise the performance between them is a negligible difference.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor ($198.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $338.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-13 11:10 EST-0500

Reactions: autoblogart
Solution