Question What is the best cherry mx switch for gaming, typing a lot (coding) and video editing?

Best cherry mx switch for me

• Total voters
Aug 13, 2019
I have been using this terrible low profile wireless keyboard from Logitech for a few years now, (for some reason I have only decided now) and I just really need to buy a new one because it’s slowly breaking, and I have started gaming a lot recently and the keyboard isn’t good enough.

If you have any specific keyboard recommendations that will be very useful. All help is very much appreciated.

LordVile

Reputable
May 27, 2016
You’ve literally stated different use cases XD for gaming it’s reds or speeds , for typing it’s blues. For video editing you want Macros.
I’d recommend something from Logitech with timer G tactile switches and the G keys down the side for Custom macros.

Reactions: Crooky118
Aug 13, 2019
You’ve literally stated different use cases XD for gaming it’s reds or speeds , for typing it’s blues. For video editing you want Macros.
I’d recommend something from Logitech with timer G tactile switches and the G keys down the side for Custom macros.
Thanks I will have a look. And yeah I don’t really know much about these switches all I know is that cherry mx are good.

LordVile

Reputable
May 27, 2016
Thanks I will have a look. And yeah I don’t really know much about these switches all I know is that cherry mx are good.
Cherry MX are the standard. You know they won’t be crap. I have cherry red low profiles on the SK630 and I like them because I like the key style, a lot don’t. You might really like cherry Blues or blue equivalent (Razer Greens for example) or you might like Browns. Best I can say is buy a sampler from amazon for like $10 and see what you like best.

Aug 13, 2019
Cherry MX are the standard. You know they won’t be crap. I have cherry red low profiles on the SK630 and I like them because I like the key style, a lot don’t. You might really like cherry Blues or blue equivalent (Razer Greens for example) or you might like Browns. Best I can say is buy a sampler from amazon for like $10 and see what you like best.
Thank you very much. I will definitely order one.

LordVile

Reputable
May 27, 2016
Something like this might work. It’s cheap but a good make. Isn’t RGB if that’s your thing but comes with what most typists prefer in terms of switches and has a wrist rest! but also doesn’t have any macros.
Corsair K70 LUX Red LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue Switches: Tactile and Clicky, Red LED Backlighting, Aluminium Chassis, QWERTY UK Layout) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LLEFW9M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MN2uDbENGJ9CW

Aug 13, 2019
Something like this might work. It’s cheap but a good make. Isn’t RGB if that’s your thing but comes with what most typists prefer in terms of switches and has a wrist rest! but also doesn’t have any macros.
Corsair K70 LUX Red LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue Switches: Tactile and Clicky, Red LED Backlighting, Aluminium Chassis, QWERTY UK Layout) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LLEFW9M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MN2uDbENGJ9CW
Is there a keyboard like this with macros? I mean they aren’t necessary but help a lot. I know I’m asking for a lot.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS