[SOLVED] What is the best cherry mx switch for gaming, typing a lot (coding) and video editing?

Crooky118

Prominent
Aug 13, 2019
I have been using this terrible low profile wireless keyboard from Logitech for a few years now, (for some reason I have only decided now) and I just really need to buy a new one because it’s slowly breaking, and I have started gaming a lot recently and the keyboard isn’t good enough.

If you have any specific keyboard recommendations that will be very useful. All help is very much appreciated.

Solution
Thanks I will have a look. And yeah I don’t really know much about these switches all I know is that cherry mx are good.
Cherry MX are the standard. You know they won’t be crap. I have cherry red low profiles on the SK630 and I like them because I like the key style, a lot don’t. You might really like cherry Blues or blue equivalent (Razer Greens for example) or you might like Browns. Best I can say is buy a sampler from amazon for like $10 and see what you like best...

Crooky118

Prominent
Aug 13, 2019
You’ve literally stated different use cases XD for gaming it’s reds or speeds , for typing it’s blues. For video editing you want Macros.
I’d recommend something from Logitech with timer G tactile switches and the G keys down the side for Custom macros.
Thanks I will have a look. And yeah I don’t really know much about these switches all I know is that cherry mx are good.

Cherry MX are the standard. You know they won’t be crap. I have cherry red low profiles on the SK630 and I like them because I like the key style, a lot don’t. You might really like cherry Blues or blue equivalent (Razer Greens for example) or you might like Browns. Best I can say is buy a sampler from amazon for like $10 and see what you like best.

Reactions: Crooky118
Solution

Crooky118

Prominent
Aug 13, 2019
Cherry MX are the standard. You know they won’t be crap. I have cherry red low profiles on the SK630 and I like them because I like the key style, a lot don’t. You might really like cherry Blues or blue equivalent (Razer Greens for example) or you might like Browns. Best I can say is buy a sampler from amazon for like $10 and see what you like best.
Thank you very much. I will definitely order one.

Something like this might work. It’s cheap but a good make. Isn’t RGB if that’s your thing but comes with what most typists prefer in terms of switches and has a wrist rest! but also doesn’t have any macros.
Corsair K70 LUX Red LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue Switches: Tactile and Clicky, Red LED Backlighting, Aluminium Chassis, QWERTY UK Layout) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LLEFW9M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MN2uDbENGJ9CW

Reactions: Crooky118

Crooky118

Prominent
Aug 13, 2019
Something like this might work. It’s cheap but a good make. Isn’t RGB if that’s your thing but comes with what most typists prefer in terms of switches and has a wrist rest! but also doesn’t have any macros.
Corsair K70 LUX Red LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue Switches: Tactile and Clicky, Red LED Backlighting, Aluminium Chassis, QWERTY UK Layout) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LLEFW9M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MN2uDbENGJ9CW
Is there a keyboard like this with macros? I mean they aren’t necessary but help a lot. I know I’m asking for a lot.