[SOLVED] What is the best color accurate and bright display for 4k gaming?

Icon-Army

Commendable
Jun 3, 2017
As the headline says. I am not trying to do better than 60FPS Not doing hardcore gaming. I just want to admire the beauty of games like Tomb Raider and Black Desert Online. Price is not a factor if you can suggest a range of monitors that would be helpful Thanks.

Solution
I gave used both types. IPS offers more accurate colors, better viewing angles and color consistency, not better colors. VA panel has very good picture quality. But it also has its own problems. Color consistency not good. If you view full screen red color edges may appear pink while center pure red. Viewing angles not as good as IPS. You can lose some shadow detail because of black crush. A loot of VA monitors has fake boosted blacks.
But that is only my own experience with quite a few different monitors of both variety.

Go through this...
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ips-vs-tn-vs-va-gaming-performance-colour-explained-2948955
TLDR...
"
  • IPS: Best all-rounder for colours and viewing angles; there are some...

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
OLED has the best contrast/colors, but is very expensive (and not really available for monitors yet from what I've seen, due to burn in concerns). No idea what ECT is. Pretty much all monitors on the market will be LED (which is an LCD panel with an LED backlight)

For LCD panels, IPS and VA typically give the best colors with VA typically having better contrast.

I gave used both types. IPS offers more accurate colors, better viewing angles and color consistency, not better colors. VA panel has very good picture quality. But it also has its own problems. Color consistency not good. If you view full screen red color edges may appear pink while center pure red. Viewing angles not as good as IPS. You can lose some shadow detail because of black crush. A loot of VA monitors has fake boosted blacks.
But that is only my own experience with quite a few different monitors of both variety.

Go through this...
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ips-vs-tn-vs-va-gaming-performance-colour-explained-2948955
TLDR...
"
  • IPS: Best all-rounder for colours and viewing angles; there are some very high-refresh-rate panels coming onto the market
  • VA: Poorer response times than IPS and TN, but very deep blacks and great viewing angles
  • TN: The fastest, but normally with poorer viewing angles but higher refresh rates

Solution