What is the best Kingston,Corsair or Team ?

wiky123

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I'm looking to buy RAM for my slidely gaming and MCSA practice (want some big RAM on virtual PCs).I have understand that 2 x 4GB is better than 1 x 8GB on same class (as you guys said on forums) so here's my problem.

• Team Elite Plus 4GB 1600Mhz
    Kingston DDR 3 1600Mhz
    CORSAIR Value select 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

they are cost same amount.so I'm in trouble in selecting best durable ram brand.what is your recommendation?

Solution
2x 4 is a must in order it take advantage of duel channel ram so dont get 1x8 that would lead to performance lose, and i would still recomned the corair as kingston are made for AMD systems so i would not get them.
and overclocking ram does not matter as much as kevern_11 is making it out to be, i would rather have stable XMP settings and 1600mhz with duel channle and tight timming's then tring to overclock some kingston's on a whim they "may" or "may not" overclock, cause overclocking ram is near to uselss it is stabilty that cout in the end and corair will be the better solution for you.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
off the top of my head i would go with corsair, kingston and stay away from team elite.
between corsair and kingston i would then see which ones had the best TIMINGS.
and then choose those.

*edit if you have an AMD system then kingston cause they have better compatibility
if you have intel then corsair cause of better XMP settings.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
2x 4 is a must in order it take advantage of duel channel ram so dont get 1x8 that would lead to performance lose, and i would still recomned the corair as kingston are made for AMD systems so i would not get them.
and overclocking ram does not matter as much as kevern_11 is making it out to be, i would rather have stable XMP settings and 1600mhz with duel channle and tight timming's then tring to overclock some kingston's on a whim they "may" or "may not" overclock, cause overclocking ram is near to uselss it is stabilty that cout in the end and corair will be the better solution for you.

Solution

wiky123

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

Thank You!