What is the best m.2 ssd that costs the same as a samsung 840 evo

ThatAfricanDude

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
before yall go mad of my dumb question and rant 'there is a m.2 version blabla' i know nothing of m.2 also it has to fit on my asrock z97 extreme6

Thanks

EDIT: i meant to add (150$) im just considering this since i dont want my m.2 slot on my mobo wasted

Solution
Currently, M.2 SSD's do not match the performance/capacity value of ordinary 2.5" drives. Mainly due to the fact that M.2 is still relatively new, and most people buy it for the novel feature of being small and able to fit in their laptops. For that reason, you will find that they are sold at higher price. M.2 being practically an PCIE interface, means that we can have SSDs running beyond the limitations of Sata 6Gbps. But that adds another reason for it to be priced at a higher premium than ordinary SSDs.

If you're looking to buy a boot drive or the only drive that is on your system, just get an ordinary 2.5" SSD. Because booting from an M.2 drive can be problematic. The motherboard BIOS may have issues with booting from a PCIE device...
Currently, M.2 SSD's do not match the performance/capacity value of ordinary 2.5" drives. Mainly due to the fact that M.2 is still relatively new, and most people buy it for the novel feature of being small and able to fit in their laptops. For that reason, you will find that they are sold at higher price. M.2 being practically an PCIE interface, means that we can have SSDs running beyond the limitations of Sata 6Gbps. But that adds another reason for it to be priced at a higher premium than ordinary SSDs.

If you're looking to buy a boot drive or the only drive that is on your system, just get an ordinary 2.5" SSD. Because booting from an M.2 drive can be problematic. The motherboard BIOS may have issues with booting from a PCIE device (or might not allow it at all) as it has not been done traditionally.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS