[SOLVED] What is the best microphone for video recording these days?

KiwiBlitz

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Hey

So a while ago when i first wanted to start doing something on youtube i bought a trust emita microphone and although the quality of the audio is not bad i feel like it could definitely be better. So now i wonder if there is a microphone that is considered to be well above the others for recording youtube videos now or if not between who is it a competition and why?

A lot of people still seem to swear by blue yeti but rather safe than sorry.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Last edited:
Solution
I know this topic is not new anymore but the mic people are telling me to get is either the elgato wave 3 or the blue yeti x and i cannot figure out which one or eve whether they are even enough of an improvement over my current trust emita mic.
After some time using it I have really been enjoying my HyperX Quadcast (no need to spend extra for the RGB on the S model, otherwise identical).
From what Ive been reading and hearing the quadcast offers similar performance to Blue's offerings, with only minor personal preferences setting them apart. Blue microphones tend to have a warm, broadcaster-esqe sound to them, something reminiscent of older microphones. The quadcast sports a more clear profile, more so true to the audio being...

Lutfij

Titan
What sort of content are you looking to make with the microphone? If you're only going to be doing streaming content, then you will need what's known as a broadcaster style mic, like that seen on Razer's and HyperX's(to name a few) product list.

Clogging style video's would either need a boom mic or a shotgun mic that attaches to your camera. If you plan to do podcasting style videos on YT, then well, you can use the one mentioned first or go for condenser style mics with filters attached a short distance away from the mic, AudioTechnica's are a brand you can look at.

Lastly, Blue Yeti's are a common name across the www, so that's why people go along with them

KiwiBlitz

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
For the time being i would do youtube content and livestreaming on twitch. The emita is not bad but i feel like it is not among the best out there either. So i want to know what the best quality is you can find for that purpose.

KiwiBlitz

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
I know this topic is not new anymore but the mic people are telling me to get is either the elgato wave 3 or the blue yeti x and i cannot figure out which one or even whether they are even enough of an improvement over my current trust emita mic.

Last edited:
I know this topic is not new anymore but the mic people are telling me to get is either the elgato wave 3 or the blue yeti x and i cannot figure out which one or eve whether they are even enough of an improvement over my current trust emita mic.
After some time using it I have really been enjoying my HyperX Quadcast (no need to spend extra for the RGB on the S model, otherwise identical).
From what Ive been reading and hearing the quadcast offers similar performance to Blue's offerings, with only minor personal preferences setting them apart. Blue microphones tend to have a warm, broadcaster-esqe sound to them, something reminiscent of older microphones. The quadcast sports a more clear profile, more so true to the audio being recorded. Whats better is up to personal preference.

The included shockmount is also quite surprisingly nice, better than most aftermarket ones Ive seen.

You really cant go wrong with any of those choices.

Solution