What is the best SUV in the world ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
Depends what you need it for, mpg, off,-road, mall crawling, kid hauling... Toyota is a safe bet if you're buying used or keeping long term.

If you're just keeping for a few years even a Jeep will last that long...

Reactions: pc-hardware
Idk what the best is as I never had a chance to own them all, But Im not a huge SUV fan, im more of a pickup truck guy, I bought me a 99 GMC Suburban and its been really good to me, It does have the piston slap that all of them LS1's suffered from on cold starts, and have a rear end noise, which I have a spare rear end for it that I rebuilt ready to go in once the weather gets better.

As for reliability, its probably not the best, seen many of these have rear end issues, even transferase issues, but 3 feet of snow, the thing just plows threw it like its nothing on 4x4 low with a front locker, rear locker the clutches are worn, and now we are getting a ton of snow snow again so be fun trip to work again lol.

My mother has a the 2011 Equinox awd, its alright, 2.4 engine, my 687,000 mile 91 Chevy 4.3 truck had more get up a go than that thing, and she made a trip to Ohio when my grandfather was in the hospital, was in winter, she got it stuck, its as bad as a 2wd car, its awd but it only spins 1 tire that has the least resistance, whats the point in awd then? Seen awd better implemented in other vehicles lol.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
For comfort a lexus rx would be my choice. For off road capability a land cruiser from the 1990s. A friend of mine has a 2018 model. It's ok on some flat grass but take it proper off road! When it's not stuck you can hear bits and bobs being destroyed underneath.

D

Deleted member 14196

I would have Jonnathan Ward build me something interesting. His work is AMAZING. I want one of everything they make.

Craftsman Recreates Vintage Trucks for Millionaires, One at a Time | WIRED

Watch his videos on YouTube as well. Love the stuff.
BEHOLD! The ICON Reformer Ford Bumpside F100 4x4 in 4K - YouTube

I love his old Dodge and Ford trucks
icon-d200.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS