Question What is the best VPN?

Oct 26, 2019
I'm looking to get a VPN for when I travel overseas to access Netflix and some other US based sites. Is there a best VPN for this purpose or are they all about the same?

mangaman

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
As @R_1 stated, ExpressVPN is a pretty good VPN service. I haven't used it, but many have stated that it is very reliable and fast. It has a 30 day money back guarantee so if you don't like it, you can get a full refund.

I however would steer FAR AWAY from NordVPN. The fact that Nord's servers were hacked a few years ago, and the company never bothered to tell anyone until just recently is throwing up many red flags.

Reactions: Overclock 55

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
I however would steer FAR AWAY from NordVPN. The fact that Nord's servers were hacked a few years ago, and the company never bothered to tell anyone until just recently is throwing up many red flags.
And it seems that a bunch of their customers passwords and emails were stolen recently too. They did bother to warn anyone about that one either.

Personally I like Surfbouncer, they've been around for a long time and have a pretty good track record.

Jan 21, 2019
And it seems that a bunch of their customers passwords and emails were stolen recently too. They did bother to warn anyone about that one either.

Personally I like Surfbouncer, they've been around for a long time and have a pretty good track record.
The NordVPN accounts were stolen because of credential stuffing - it's really the responsibility of users themselves to not reuse the same login information everywhere.
And the "hack" wasn't really a hack - breach would be the correct term. And besides - the server provider left the vulnerability there and did not inform NordVPN about it so they couldn't have informed anyone because they simply didn't know at the time. Sure, they could have communicated better but it's not as bad as most clickbaity articles want you to believe. And if your only use case is Netflix then NordVPN is still a good choice, not every VPN is suited for this.

Apr 8, 2019
i'm not using nord, however, this whole breach, password leaking story is too much. I mean, as far as I've noticed, TechCrunch blew this info on purpose, since they are owned by other VPN provider, and you all know how things go in VPN market (scarier than war, really). So I don't know what to think, and who to believe.
Anyway, Top . They offer Express as number one. So I would offer using, Express, Nord or CyberGhost

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
TechCrunch blew this info on purpose, since they are owned by other VPN provider.
Well it's not just TechCrunch. Arstechnica, Android police, Cnet and at least a dozen other sites have similar articles. I might believe that it's just TechCrunch being owned by another VPN if it was just them saying it, but there's just too many people with the same story to ignore.

Hollow704

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
expressvpn, nordvpn, Private Internet Access. NordVPN seems to be the only one with a true no logs policy and also isnt based in a country under the 5/9/14 eyes jurisdictions. most of the other vpns are slow, and have no logs policies from what my research has shows. PureVPN is awful so avoid at all costs

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS