[SOLVED] What is the highest completely safe OC mhz for the rx 6700xt?

Nov 17, 2021
So today I just got my rx 6700xt (gigabyte 3x cooling) and I downloaded MSI Afterburner. It was like 2600Mhz-ish, and I put it at 2750 Mhz. It was just about at the max of the slider, is that safe? If not, what should I set it at for better performance?

Solution
If you have just got the card I would run it at stock for a while. Firstly you want to ensure it’s stable in games. It’s also good to have a baseline before overclocking. I did this with my 3080 and when I tried overclocking the result was no meaningful gains in games. Yes the fps was higher in benchmarks but in games there was no way to tell if the OC was on or off unless monitoring the numbers, it didn’t change gameplay. Therefore I decided it wasn’t worth the extra heat and noise. I actually ended up undervolting. Obviously your mileage may differ but I recommend testing and getting used to stock first.
D

Deleted member 362816

It is safe as long as it is stable and temps are in check. There is no Max overclock due to silicon lottery brands other factors etc.

If you have just got the card I would run it at stock for a while. Firstly you want to ensure it’s stable in games. It’s also good to have a baseline before overclocking. I did this with my 3080 and when I tried overclocking the result was no meaningful gains in games. Yes the fps was higher in benchmarks but in games there was no way to tell if the OC was on or off unless monitoring the numbers, it didn’t change gameplay. Therefore I decided it wasn’t worth the extra heat and noise. I actually ended up undervolting. Obviously your mileage may differ but I recommend testing and getting used to stock first.

Reactions: KyaraM
Solution
Nov 17, 2021
Ok, thanks!