Question What is the maximum CPU that I can place on my FM2A58M-VG3 + R2.0?

Jan 3, 2020
Hello everyone and happy new year, I am a new user and I have come to you to get a doubt.

You see, I have an FM2A58M-VG3 + R2.0 motherboard with an AMD APU A4 6300 CPU and I wanted to upgrade to a more potent CPU, the most powerful CPU I could find near where I live and at a good affordable price is an AMD APU A10 7850K, and according to the CPU Support List (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A58M-VG3+%20R2.0/#CPU) is compatible, I warn you that I have an AMD Wraith Cooler.

What do you think, or which CPU would you recommend? I remind you that this CPU that I told you is the maximum I can get near my location and at a very good price.

Hello everyone and happy new year, I am a new user and I have come to you to get a doubt.

You see, I have an FM2A58M-VG3 + R2.0 motherboard with an AMD APU A4 6300 CPU and I wanted to upgrade to a more potent CPU, the most powerful CPU I could find near where I live and at a good affordable price is an AMD APU A10 7850K, and according to the CPU Support List (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A58M-VG3+%20R2.0/#CPU) is compatible, I warn you that I have an AMD Wraith Cooler.

What do you think, or which CPU would you recommend? I remind you that this CPU that I told you is the maximum I can get near my location and at a very good price.
Looks like you already answered own question, it would be twice as good as you have now. Other option would be an Athlon II x4 and a discrete GPU

Jan 3, 2020
Then save your money.
It doesn't matter, what cpu you put on that FM2 board. Performance gains will be small and not worth the investment.
I'm not looking for a Master Race PC, really. I have lived very well with the APU A4 6300 since 2014. I simply want to be able to watch high quality content on YouTube or play high quality videos on my computer. If I can buy that A10 7850K for future insurance I will add a 1050TI and I will be comfortable for 10 years, for sure. :LOL: