What is the maximum safe overclock for ZOTAC GTX 760 (ZT-70401-10P) 2GB GDDR5 to play BF4?

jerkingbad

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Hello community,

What is the maximum overclock on ZOTAC GTX 760 (ZT-70401-10P) 2GB GDDR5 that you was able to achieve?

This model comes with defaults GPU Clock: 993MHz, Memory: 1052MHz and Boost at 1059MHz knowing by the GPU-Z specs.

Following the recomendation from a member I have set only the GPU Clock to 1043MHz, but I did not felt a considered improvement.

I would like to potencialize the performance to achieve a better FPS on games such as Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Origins, Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 running at Maximum Resolution.

My PC specs are:

Processor: AMD FX-8320
RAM: 8GB RAM Kingston

Thanks for any answer,

Fred

Solution
hello

your max overclock for 24/7 use is the maximum you can reach without getting artiffects.
artiffects are miss calculations done by ur gpu and can be spottet in games most of the time the show as wierd blocks or collors.
you can als get gpu stress tests wich can spot artiffacts.
when you'r card is artiffecting you have to turn the clock down till it stops and thats the max your gpu can do.

BUT dont forget to watch your temps keep them below 85c I would say..

also ur PSU has to be good enough too handle the extra amps

good luck! :)

killer pc g15

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
hello

your max overclock for 24/7 use is the maximum you can reach without getting artiffects.
artiffects are miss calculations done by ur gpu and can be spottet in games most of the time the show as wierd blocks or collors.
you can als get gpu stress tests wich can spot artiffacts.
when you'r card is artiffecting you have to turn the clock down till it stops and thats the max your gpu can do.

BUT dont forget to watch your temps keep them below 85c I would say..

also ur PSU has to be good enough too handle the extra amps

good luck! :)

Solution

jerkingbad

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
killer pc g15,

Thanks for the answer brother!

What are the best tools to be use on the overclock process? How can I identify those artifacts you mentioned it?

I am kinda a new on this process...

I have tried using ZOTAC FireStorm but I have only change the defauts value from GPU Clock that is 993MHz to 1043MHz and the Boost to 115% that results on 1059MHz.

My PSU is a Corsair CX750.

Can you help improve those tests and find out a safe overclock for my Gear?

Thanks mate,

Fred

G

Just wondered how the overclock went? I've got the exact same card and am thinking of OCing before I go for an upgrade to 770. Did you use Firestorm?