Discussion What is the minimum power supply you would reccomend for a gaming pc?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
This discussion stemed from a different thread after talking about how cheap power supplies degrade after restarts.

What would be the cheapest power supply that you would reccomend for a budget gaming system with dedicated graphics and a higher power draw?

Also, what do you think is the best mainstream power supply if money is no factor?

Reactions: DMAN999

g-unit1111

Titan
Also, what do you think is the best mainstream power supply if money is no factor?

I think that would depend on what type of system is being built. If it's a single card system I'd go for something like a Seasonic Prime 850W, and if it's a dual card system with liquid cooling I'd go for something like the Corsair AXi 1200W.

What avout the Corsair Vengence 80+ silver 650w

No. The RMx and HX are better units.

Last edited:
Reactions: jankerson

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: TJ Hooker

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Any you find today are garbage.

So are a lot of Bronze rated units and some GOLD so you have to be carful what you buy.
Companies have been caught branding 80+ Gold PSUs as bronze just to differentiate them from their higher end units. 80 Plus is a farce, and means nothing as far as quality goes, only efficiency, and how much the brand is willing to pay ECOS to certify it.

Companies have been caught branding 80+ Gold PSUs as bronze just to differentiate them from their higher end units. 80 Plus is a farce, and means nothing as far as quality goes, only efficiency, and how much the brand is willing to pay ECOS to certify it.

Like I said you have to be careful what you buy. ;)

It's best to stay with the higher end units like the Corsair RMX, Seasonic Focus Plus and EVGA G2 or higher end than those depending.

Start dropping below those and it's a crap shoot what you end up with.

TRENDING THREADS