Question what is the possible impact of social media usage of internet while playing online games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2020
Hello guys, I'm from Iran, I just wanted to know whether social media usage of internet like instagram affects my online game experience or not ?
my current bandwidth is 4 mbps by which I get around 400-500 kbps ( I know its dramatically low compared to other countries) in my country all ISPs are like this.
in idle, i get like 70-100 ping, while with other devices connected to use instagram, it spikes to 200 then drops to 100. Is that the real reason or what ?
(game : csgo)

Reactions: aldan
With an internet connection such as that. One with high ping and low bandwidth. I'd expect anything else you or someone in your home does online to impact online gaming.

Have you tried finding an alternate DNS server. There are free DNS servers such as Google Public DNS and Open DNS. Availability varies by country. Some of which may greatly reduce ping.

If you find a good one. You'll want to change the DNS settings in your router for your whole home. You can also do the settings for just your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.