What is the resale value of NAS drives w/o HDDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcrusk

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
I have acquired two different NAS drives. I have absolutely no use for them and am thinking about what they may be worth in terms of used resale. They do not have any hard drives in them as this is needed for records of the past. However the Main units and trays would be included. One is a Pegasus 220-GT, and the other is an Orion 410-GT. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
One of those goes for ~$600 new and another for ~$1500. (Bare units, no drives.) So... I'd be surprised if you couldn't make at least a few hundred bucks really easily selling them on eBay. (Personally, I'd probably hold out for about a third of their new value, or else put them to use myself, but YMMV and all.)

Or you could always put them up for sale/trade in the classified section here and see if anyone's willing to make you a good enough offer or meet a reasonable price.

InfidelPimp

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
One of those goes for ~$600 new and another for ~$1500. (Bare units, no drives.) So... I'd be surprised if you couldn't make at least a few hundred bucks really easily selling them on eBay. (Personally, I'd probably hold out for about a third of their new value, or else put them to use myself, but YMMV and all.)

Or you could always put them up for sale/trade in the classified section here and see if anyone's willing to make you a good enough offer or meet a reasonable price.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.