[SOLVED] What is this ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I got iMac and replaced hard drive and trying to install OSX and here is what I got on screen ... what is it ?

Thanks guys !

IMG_0002.jpg

Solution
That particular screen is telling you to turn on the iMac's Magic Mouse. Since you aren't using one, I am not sure why it is being displayed.

Do you, by chance, have access to the Apple Diagnostics Disk for your system? If so, running it may help islate the problem.

Will the system boot to the OS X install you have on the HDD now if you let it run?

Have you tried a different mouse or a different USB port?

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
This is freaking strange guys.

This is iMac. A few months ago I got HDD error on screen and successfully change a HDD on it and install OSX . Now few months after I turn on my iMac and ........ after about 10 minutes circle on gray screen (boot time) froze on me ....I restarted ....sae thing. I took out my hard drive to test it .... all looks good. I decided to see if I can reinstall my OSX and ... I got this picture and It's not allowing me to do anything ......what is going on here..... I mean I don't even use Apple mouse I got some generic optical mouse .....anyhow any ideas at all on what a hell is this. Because this is never b4 seen "thing" for many.

iMac is down for now and I and clueless on what to do ......
Seriously guys even if you don't know at list say what you may think this is it. Thanks a lot !

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That particular screen is telling you to turn on the iMac's Magic Mouse. Since you aren't using one, I am not sure why it is being displayed.

Do you, by chance, have access to the Apple Diagnostics Disk for your system? If so, running it may help islate the problem.

Will the system boot to the OS X install you have on the HDD now if you let it run?

Have you tried a different mouse or a different USB port?

Solution

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Thank you very much for your reply. I fixed problem by using other OSX installation disk I had. What was wrong with first one I do not know. Actually I have another question what is this Apple Diagnostics Disk. Where can I get some info on it and if possibly purchase it. Thank you !

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Apple makes a Diagnostic Disk for most of their systems. You would need to contact Apple to see if it is available for purchase. I think all you'll need in the model of your system and a means to pay. Glad you got your problem sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.