Question What is wrong with my Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 + IO Board?

Dark Sorrow

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
As the title suggest, what is wrong with my Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 + IO Board?

System Specifications
  1. CM4108032 (8 G.B. RAM, 32 G.B. Storage eMMC, Wi-Fi)
  2. Compute Module 4 IO Board
  3. 12 VDC, 3A Power Supply
  4. 1 Gbps connectivity to Wi-Fi Router

Once I power on my Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 + IO Board using 12VDC power supply via J19 Connector (Barrel Connector), all 4 LEDS continuously glow
  1. Red LED
  2. Green LED
  3. Both LEDs on Ethernet Connector
I though their was some hardware damage but when I disable eMMC Boot and try to flash a new image in the board using Raspberry Pi Imager; I'm able to flash the new image.
However when I try to boot from eMMC I get the error.

Even if I connect the network cable, the network device is not detected and the system/device is unresponsive. I'm unable to get SSH access.

This is the second Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 + IO Board facing the same problem.

Could this be due to high humidity (their are thunderstorms where I live)? Is this board damage? Can someone enlighten me.

Jun 14, 2024
If your Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 + IO Board isn't working correctly it could be due to several issues. Common problems include improper connections between the Compute Module and the IO Board insufficient power supply or software configuration errors. Check all physical connections ensure you’re using a reliable power source and verify that the latest firmware and drivers are installed. If problems persist refer to the troubleshooting guide provided by Raspberry Pi or consult the community forums for more specific advice.