Question Widows 11 lags all the time with an RTX 4070 Ti Super and a Ryzen 5900X ?

Jul 29, 2024
I recently bought an Rtx 4070 ti super graphics card, I was very excited about this change after using a radeon RX580 for years, I uninstalled all the drivers from my amd card with DUD, and installed the new nvidia ones once installed, but bad news I have lags all the time on Windows 11 system, even on YouTube the GPU slows down and the videos are choppy, the mouse cursor moves with lag, I have tried many times uninstalling the drivers in safe mode and reinstalling the latest drivers and it does not fix it, does someone please have an idea or has the same thing happened to them, my Hardware is a Ryzen 5900x with 32gb of Ram, liquid cooling. Thanks for your help.

questions
What are you full specs, including your motherboard and your power supply's mfg and models? Monitor plugged into the GPU, and not the motherboard? Verify that your RAM is plugged into the slots recommended by your motherboard user manual?

recommendations
Update your BIOS to the latest non-beta version (obtain from motherboard website). What's the current BIOS version/date?
Update chipset drivers (obtain from amd website, not motherboard website): AMD.com -> Resources & Support -> Drivers -> Chipsets ->
Download HWMonitor and check cpu temps: Ryzen 9 5900X -> Temperatures -> Package -> Value
* I'm aware that your cpu is under a liquid cooler, but you need to verify temps while your CPU is under gaming load. Perhaps the pump is no long working.

Reactions: Santiavi
Jul 29, 2024
questions
What are you full specs, including your motherboard and your power supply's mfg and models? Monitor plugged into the GPU, and not the motherboard? Verify that your RAM is plugged into the slots recommended by your motherboard user manual?

recommendations
Update your BIOS to the latest non-beta version (obtain from motherboard website). What's the current BIOS version/date?
Update chipset drivers (obtain from amd website, not motherboard website): AMD.com -> Resources & Support -> Drivers -> Chipsets ->
Download HWMonitor and check cpu temps: Ryzen 9 5900X -> Temperatures -> Package -> Value
* I'm aware that your cpu is under a liquid cooler, but you need to verify temps while your CPU is under gaming load. Perhaps the pump is no long working.
Thank you very much for all your recommendations, I will apply them, my complete specifications are: ryzen 5900x cpu, Gigabyte B550M Aorus pro V. 2 motherboard, PSU: Evga SuperNova1300w Gold 80+ 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Corsair vengeance RAM, Corsair H100i liquid cooling. The strange thing is that it works perfectly with the rx580 graphics card, in fact I had to put in my old card and install the AMD drivers again and it works perfectly, the CPU temperatures are correct (70 celcius), I will follow all your recommendations and I will let you know, thanks for your help.

Jul 29, 2024
questions

recommendations
I have done all your suggestions, updated the chipset from Amd, updated the bios to the latest version, although it was not very old, and I was not successful, I even did a clean installation of windows 11 with the Nvidia drivers and it is still the same, with mouse jumps and poor GPU performance. I did a test with Furmark2 Rog in 4k and checked with HWmonitor, the GPU does not reach the Watts that it should reach, which are 285w or more and the temperatures are obviously very low 55 C, which makes me think that it is a problem with the power supply or the 12-pin adapter cable. I leave you some screenshots so that you can please review them. Thank you. https://imgbox.com/upload/edit/824707457/Sw5dU2nTd7XNFlt6

Jul 29, 2024
Are you using a riser cable or vertical GPU mount? If so, could you try plugging the GPU directly in the board. If no change, then check in the BIOS and verify that the RTX 4070 Ti is achieving PCIe 4.0 x16 on the primary slot that the GPU plugged into.
The GPU is connected directly to the motherboard in the main x16 slot, I will check in the bios if 4.0 x16 is working, thanks for your suggestion.

I don't know what's causing your issue, therefore I'm grasping at straws. BUT perhaps check out this forum posting from overclockers, and VOD from buildzoid. This source information is several years old, and I would assume that the issue was fixed promptly with your current BIOS, but couldn't hurt to try it anyway (below). Check out both the forum post and video in it. It also might be worth opening a ticket with Gigabyte if it doesn't solve the problem, and consider trying the GPU on another computer, before potentially returning it to the retailer where you bought it from.

BIOS > Advanced CPU Settings > Global C-state control > Disabled

Potential fix for USB 2.0 hitching/stuttering on Gigabyte/Aorus B550 and X570 motherboards

google query: gigabyte b550m aorus pro v. 2 stuttering fix