Question What is your experience with the "Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme" motherboard?

klavs

Proper
Feb 27, 2023
I wonder if the motherboard "Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme rev 2.0" works with the RAM "G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz 2x16GB [F4-3600C14D-32GTZN]". Gigabyte says no but G.Skill says yes. If any of you have any experience with the motherboard, and/or have used the combination of motherboard & RAM, then I would like to hear from you. Did you have any problems with the board? How did you solve them? Etc.

Lutfij

Titan
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-XTREME-rev-20/sp#sp
The board is advertised to go to DDR4-3600Mhz and beyond and in theory your motherboard will accept pretty much any ram kit out there on the shelf so long as it confirms to DDR4. I'd advise that you're on stock speeds for the ram, get POST and eventually the OS setup, install drivers, reboot to BIOS, update to the latest BIOS version and then enable D.O.C.P/X.M.P.

What processor are you looking to pair with that board? Mind you Ryzen 5000 series were able to easily get the ram to DDR4-3600MHz, where the prior generations of Ryzen processors had difficulty going beyond DDR4-3200MHz.