What is your favourite car?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

289fia_cobra

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
My current cars ARE my favorite cars:

Factory Five Racing MkIII Roadster
Audi A5 3.2

But in terms of favorite and more importantly, being able to purchase one in 10 years (when I retire):

My friends Datsun 240Z to work on as a project
BMW 850i - this car looked great when it was built and still looks fresh 20 years later!
Locate and buy back my brothers 65' Mustang and resto mod it like I really wanted to back in 1980.
BMW 3.0CSI-Alpina
Any 65' Mustang Fast Back. My brothers was a notchback but lets face it, the FB looks so much better.

There are affordable old Ferrari's but the mechanicals on these are far too exotic to consider; I like working on cars so any car I do get, I need to be able to work on them.
The Audi, well, that was my very first luxury car and didn't want to fart with all the electronics involved with that car so I let tuners modify it as opposed to myself doing the work but the FFR was the most fun I have ever had working (building) a vehicle and continue to tinker with it every year, yet it remains very reliable and my wife simply loves travelling in this car. We've been to Lake Tahoe 2x and Huntington Beach 2x and plan on doing both again this year.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
I just bought an '81 280z. My plans are to slap a Nissan SR20DET in to it when I get the time. As of now it's under a tarp in the back corner of my shops yard, along with my sleds because it's January and we still have no snow and I have no time to make it to the mountains.

Coty0010

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
I've never driven a sports car or a muscle car or anything like that, so I can't say what my real favorite car is because I've only driven lower class vehicles, and the biggest engine I've ever driven was in a jeep... but my ultimate dream car would be a '74 ford pinto (3 door hatch back), with a big block Chevy. Get out the sand bags! Have to keep the rear tires grounded :lol:

... I actually like the look of a pinto, even if it was considered a lemon...

I prefer ones that get me from point A to point B and Back again ;)

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Screw the pinto get a chevette and slap a 350 in her. If you put a big block in a pinto or chevette you need to cut out the fire wall and it is a serious amount of work. I saw a chevette with a 572 merlin in it. The driver had to sit in the back seat.

Joe Baltake

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
I love vintage cars, and I had a 2012 Mini Cooper which I loved
So I guess my really favourite car would be a vintage Mini.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Have you read the rumours of the C8 vette? They're talking mid engine twin turbo v6. I don't know what to think of it.
With the C7 vette I really like that they're going to have the double bubble roof again. I think that the rear end is a little busy but those are just the concept cars we're seeing right now so they might tame it a little bit for production. I'm really interested in the power train that'll be used in them. Hopefully this vette will have good seats as well, maybe if we're lucky some sort of recaro or sparco seats.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Any rumors about the C8 vette aren't even worth listening to until 2020 when they actually start designing it. I'd love for the vette to look like this:
http://www.motorauthority.com/image/100188087_c7-chevrolet-corvette-rendering-001
But it's more than likely just going to be a:
http://www.corvettenewsblog.com/2011/12/jalopnik-unveils-what-might-possibly-maybe-potentially-be-the-c7-corvette/

To the interior, GM states that they're upgrading the hell out of it to look really nice. Sure, it's going to be surrounded by plastic trim like all the other cars are, but the seats and console will be top-notch.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
The talks about the C8 being mid engined has been enough to give it some consideration, not likely but a slim possibility and one I don't like.
Still I am very excited for the C7 but not getting enough info on it is driving me crazy.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
People will always be spreading rumors on different technology and body styles for the corvette. Back seats, all-wheel drive, mid-engine, v6... Happens nearly every year, but so far it's been the same basic car since it's inseption.

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
my current DD: a dodge ram 2500 2nd gen, 24V cummins, quad cab-long bed, 4X4 auto.

preferd car would be a vauxhall VXR

and fav car to wich money is no object would be a: Noble M600

jessicagrey

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
My favorite Cars is :

" Lotus Evora " ..

lotus-evora-04.jpg

TommyGunDam

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
1967 Camaro - It's the only one with the triangle window
0702phr_06_z+ray_baguios_1967_camaro+front_left_view.jpg

Ferrari F40
66160607_Ferrari20F40.jpg

McLaren F1
beautiful_car_mclaren_f1.jpg

Lamborghini LM002 - To go snowboarding
lamborghini_lm002.jpg

Back to the Future II Time Machine :D ;) (Since we're posting along the lines of "unobtainable"...haha)
Back-to-the-Future-Car.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.