[SOLVED] What is your opinion on the build: 3080ti, Ryzen 7 5800x

PCTerminator

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
Hey!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c3gtwz

Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on this? I don't trust myself enough with the cables for that GPU so I will go to a local shop to get it built. I am using this for working in After Effects and rendering as I am tired of waiting for my videos to render or have slow previews. I also love playing games and my old r9 390 isn't doing it anymore, neither is my i5 6600k. The 3080ti might be an overkill here as I initially thought of going for a 3060ti but through lucky circumstances, it's possible for me to get the expensive one. I heard the 3080ti tends to get quite hot so I wanted a good airflow and a case that looks ok with only slight RGB influences, especially since I use HUE and the Asus mainboard can also access them. I was contemplating an AOI (for the look obviously) but as my old build had the Dark Rock already and was almost silent, I think I'll be going for it again. Noise is obviously important as I listen to a lot of music and sounds for work and not always want to wear headsets.
Especially afraid of the dimensions of the GPU as I am unsure if it will fit in the case.
The PC will have additional SSDs obviously but I will use them from my old one.

Please let me know what you think!
Cheers

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Should fit alright, but you need a larger power supply to run a 3080Ti. By itself with boost profiles it can pull upwards of 450W (or more) Many smaller PSUs will have overcurrent protection tripped. Minimum you should use is 850W.

I don't see how the cabling is difficult, should be a relatively straightforward build. 3 8-pin PCIe connectors going to the GPU, and the motherboard ATX and supplemental power connectors for the CPU, that would be it.

PCTerminator

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
Thank you so much everyone already!
I will then upgrade the PSU to 850W - any experience with Corsair vs bequiet? I am debating whether I should be going for the 850 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold or the Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold as I've never had Corsair before.

Also, guess I will get a Gen3 then, haha.