What kind of RAM should I get?

Ginji Yinig

Honorable
Feb 6, 2017
I don't know much about different types of RAM, but I do know that I play intensive open world games as well as multitasking while doing so. I currently have 8gb RAM but I would like to upgrade to at least 16gb.
I don't know what the different types, DDR3, DDR4, and GDDR5, have in common or what separates them. I also do not know if there are any issues with compatibility between them and different components of my pc.

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 480
CPU - AMD FX 8350 8-Core, 4000 Mhz

I don't know what type of RAM I have, and the motherboard description on the windows system information simply "Not Available" for the model, but it is an Asus motherboard. If the motherboard matters, I can go inside and manually look at it for you.

If you need any other information, feel free to let me know. But that being said, what brand and type of RAM should I get, that is at least 16gb?

Solution
well knowing what motherboard make/model does permit to get best possible ram type to match it,
it sill definitely be DDR3 or DD3L with speeds of 1333, 1600, 1866 likely
16GB is a must now a days with gaming, but I fear your FX system will struggle with all the new AAA titles.
Brands that are reliable; Corsair, G.Skill