[SOLVED] What monitor to use?

KitsuThien

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Heya! I'm not a techy person so i don't understand how to pc build or what to buy. I'm an illustrator (self-proclaim) that wants to use 2 or more monitors for my work and i was wondering what monitors can you recommend that is good but also budget friendly for a starting freelancer person (since i just graduated from being a student)

I'm in asia by the way. Thank you!!

Solution
Thank you for the great help! But can i ask what's the difference between a monitor with high refresh rates to low input lag that is for gamers?

Refresh rate is a measurement of how many frames per second a monitor can display. Gamers prefer higher fps (100+) for smoother game play and better accuracy for where they shoot their guns. Artists usually look at static images, so frames per second are not very important.

Input Lag / Response time is how quickly the mouse clicks / movements respond, again so gun shots are lined up accurately to where you are pointing your mouse. Not super important for artists, average is okay.

larsv8

Distinguished
As an artist, you should be targeting large, high resolution monitors with great color accuracy.

High refresh rates, and low input lag are features you can ignore, as that is mostly for gamers.

Here is one you might consider

https://www.techspot.com/products/monitors/dell-u3219q.188896/#pros_consOffset

Heres a more budget oriented one

Reactions: KitsuThien

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
As an artist, you should be targeting large, high resolution monitors with great color accuracy.

High refresh rates, and low input lag are features you can ignore, as that is mostly for gamers.

I agree on monitors that offer better detail rather than higher processing capacity. I would recommend on having one of each however if two monitors are still an option.

KitsuThien

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Thank you for the great help! But can i ask what's the difference between a monitor with high refresh rates to low input lag that is for gamers?

larsv8

Distinguished

Refresh rate is a measurement of how many frames per second a monitor can display. Gamers prefer higher fps (100+) for smoother game play and better accuracy for where they shoot their guns. Artists usually look at static images, so frames per second are not very important.

Input Lag / Response time is how quickly the mouse clicks / movements respond, again so gun shots are lined up accurately to where you are pointing your mouse. Not super important for artists, average is okay.

Solution

KitsuThien

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019

Thank you for informing me! I will heed your advise. Thanks again!