What other RAM cards will this motherboard hold?

Lyscyde

Reputable
Sep 21, 2015
I want to build a gaming computer and I stumbled upon this build. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2726235/run-games-rust-dayz-h1z1-highest-settings.html that looks like it would fit my purposes (love to play rust but my laptop can't run it well AT ALL) and I was wondering what other RAM cards I could use. I want to have 2 8GB RAM cards instead of two 4GB's. If you have any other suggestions or builds let me know please (going for under $800). Thanks!

Lyscyde

Reputable
Sep 21, 2015
I would be lying if I said I understood that XD so from what I'm assuming the Z97-A is better then current and ripjaws or snipers are different types of RAM's? Sorry I don't really understand computer parts much. What is 1866 or 2233, and would these all added together still be in my price range of <$800 and run intense graphic games like MGS5 or Rust on high settings with good FPS?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
The Asus Z97-A is a far better motherboard and you asked for suggestions for 16GB of DRAM The RipJaw X and Snipers are different lines of DRAM made by GSkill. With your system specs I'd get them at a data rate of 1866 or 2133 rather than the 1600 in your example, 1600 is entry level ;)

Lyscyde

Reputable
Sep 21, 2015
OK so I took your advice and put together a list with the different parts that you suggested. On pc partpicker is anything below optical drive on the partlist necessary such as cooling fans? If so what should I get?