Question What parts can I salvage off my old PC to install into a new one ?

May 28, 2023
Hey, I've been considering upgrading and downsizing my ATX PC to Mini ITX for space and travel reasons.

My Current Specs:
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 16 gb
Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA 650 B5 80+ Bronze
MSI GTX 1660 Super

I'm looking into getting one of the cheaper Mini ITX mobos with the NR200 case while also upgrading the GPU to a 3060 TI and PSU to the Corsair SF750. Is it possible to salvage the Ram and CPU? I will most likely just reset my storage devices so not too much worry in that regard.

Hey, I've been considering upgrading and downsizing my ATX PC to Mini ITX for space and travel reasons.

My Current Specs:
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 16 gb
Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA 650 B5 80+ Bronze
MSI GTX 1660 Super

I'm looking into getting one of the cheaper Mini ITX mobos with the NR200 case while also upgrading the GPU to a 3060 TI and PSU to the Corsair SF750. Is it possible to salvage the Ram and CPU? I will most likely just reset my storage devices so not too much worry in that regard.
Yes. CPU and RAM definitively if you stay with AM4 socket MB with 450/550 chipset.

Reactions: pekodam
May 28, 2023
Any tips on using AIO’s? I’ve never touched them before and this will be my second build but it definitely sounds better than air because of the limited air flow in the case.

May 28, 2023
^ have the fans installed in the right direction and install the AIO in the case with fans screwed in.

in a lot of ways, it simpler to install an AIO than an aircooler with hard to reach screws and fan clips.
Will an AIO be reliable long term? I’ve heard that air coolers have more reliability over time

Last edited:
if you clean the case and keep it relatively dust free, it can easily last 5 years.

the main problem causing factors are QC with the manufacturing itself and then pump failing due to heavy loads or tube leakage due to sharp bends or kinks.

But ofcourse air coolers are more reliable. but AIO QC has come a long way.

May 28, 2023
If I do choose an air cooler, which do you suggest with the NR200P or Q58 cases? I already have a Hyper 212 BE in my build right now, can that be salvaged?