What pc game has highest spec requirement?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

That game is ALPHA of ALPHA before ALPHA. Dont spread false information. Game works smoothly and better then most games on i7 4770k.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

It's not optimized well and those are not really heavy system requirements.

After doing many benchmarks I think that Witcher 3 is one of not so many games which are good in terms of gpu usage, Far Cry 4 is good for cpu usage and gpu both.

Witcher 3 use only 1.8GB vram usage on your gpu and its performing 100% same on both gtx770 2GB and gtx770 4GB due to that fact. Other new games are exceeding that limit so you cant test game on lower vram card. Also Witcher 3 is using 99% gpu on my gtx970 and when I overclock gpu power limit is going up to 106% so its definitely gpu intensive game.

So far only Far Cry 4 was eating my i7 4770k on 70-95% cpu usage on all cores.

Just Cause 3 didnt had high usage on gpu/cpu/ram at all but there was shuttering due to fact that it wasnt optimized.

Lastery

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015

Not saying this is the most demanding game. It has the highest specification requirements.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

Partially correct. While some companies do typical marketing trick. For Phantom Pain system requirement for CPU was i7 4770k while much lower cpus runned game easily on 60+fps. It was an overkill but you know, they need to sell cpus and since they have deals between them its kinda expected.

Gtx970 also can run Fallout 4 in 1440p on 60fps but they were marketing 980/980ti for that resolution just to sell more gpu's with free game which essentially get splitted in % due to their agreements (between developers/nvidia and amd)

onehans1982

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

I read somewhere on nVidia forums ppl complaining about slow performance degradation with each release of new drivers just to sell new gpu's.

Nonpossible

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2015

People say the same thing about Mobile OS updates. I'm not sure I believe it 100%. But with OS's of course the new architecture for an OS is gonna be more demanding on hardware, that's just logical. Not sure about driver releases though.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

Complete true. Witcher 3 drivers allow me overclock on my gtx970 up to 1550/8000 while on newest one I can get only 1462/7400. Also driver upgrade fix issues only for some games while for 95% titles including AAA as Fallout 4 or Syndicate older drivers works better. I'm doing a lot of benchmarks with 10 previous drivers with every new release and I can say from my experiance that they are doing something weird, most likely to increase number of sold newer gpus due to fact that graphics dont get much better then what we've seen and they need to keep making new stuff.

dsr07mm

Distinguished
Quick spoiler: Division is playable perfectly fine on 970. Pssssst ! If they dont screw up optimization until release game will go off that list (experiance from couple months ago in closed beta).

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I watched a video on youtube, a bunch of game were tested and Assassin's Creed Syndicate had the biggest GPU requirement, at maximum settings.
CPU requirement, Arma 3 would win probably, especially on a level of cpu single thread stress.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

You can't really test games with Ubisoft especially AC games. It's bad optimization. CPU wise I agree, but only in campaign, not on servers since mp is based on server performance.